Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's The Difference Between

IIRC, MM refers to the Mark Levinson audio only. ICE refers to the read DVD screens and Navigator denotes the vehicle as having touch screen NAV.

Hope this helps :)

IIRC, MM refers to the Mark Levinson audio only. ICE refers to the read DVD screens and Navigator denotes the vehicle as having touch screen NAV.

Hope this helps :)

Not sure what you are comparing to the 350SE

The ICE (In car entertainment) came in two types - on earlier models the screens were embeded into the headrests. In later models 2008+? the screens are larger and stand clear of the headrests.

Not sure how the earlier system works = I think it played DVDs from the front unit to the back screens.

The newer system is much more sophisticated

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Lexus-RX-ICE-package.html

The dvd player is integrated into each screen and there is a USB port on each that allows playing of avi and mp3 from memory sticks. My niece/nephew tell me it is great but havent used it personally - doesnt need any control/input from front which is a great benefit.

The sound system came in two types normal and Mark Levinson

The ML has a few more speakers and upgraded amp I think. - sounds great to me except for an annoying habit of muting for a sec when set to get traffic.

The navigator is a a very capable satnav which is better than most except for the lack of 7 digit post code (it is only 5) which means you need the street and number. It also doubles as a controller for the radio/climate etc.

ICE and ML were standard on the SEL and optional on other models

hope this helps

rgds

Stephen

Many thanks to you both

I have picked up my RX 350 today and I LOVE IT.It has all the toys ,the only thing it dosent have is the air suspesion,

I have just been outside for the last 3 hrs setting up the phone /sat nav and pressing and turning all the buttons.

Thanks again

Chris N

Great forum