Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member In Need Of Help

jnny

hi 2 all new to this hope this is right

can you please help the seatbelt warning lights dont work on my is200 t reg i have taken out the clock cluster and the bulb is fine

i have called lexus in birmingham and they dont know is there a fuse for these or a relay everything in my car is working

i have disconnected the seatbelt catch and put a meter set to homes across the pins and put the seatbelt in and out but nothing changes it dont register anything and i have stared the car with it disconnected and sat in car but still nothing i have read a forum and it said to hold in the odo button with the ignition on for half a min then put seatbelt in but nothing happens i dont have the handbook can anyone tell me if it says anything about it (i am getting one of trusty ebay)

please can someone help me i am at a brick wall now iv tryed everthing i can think of

iv owned my car for 2 years now its the best car iv ever driven i would not go back to a lesser car i envy you all with the altezza what a car

thanks

hi 2 all new to this hope this is right

can you please help the seatbelt warning lights dont work on my is200 t reg i have taken out the clock cluster and the bulb is fine

i have called lexus in birmingham and they dont know is there a fuse for these or a relay everything in my car is working

i have disconnected the seatbelt catch and put a meter set to homes across the pins and put the seatbelt in and out but nothing changes it dont register anything and i have stared the car with it disconnected and sat in car but still nothing i have read a forum and it said to hold in the odo button with the ignition on for half a min then put seatbelt in but nothing happens i dont have the handbook can anyone tell me if it says anything about it (i am getting one of trusty ebay)

please can someone help me i am at a brick wall now iv tryed everthing i can think of

iv owned my car for 2 years now its the best car iv ever driven i would not go back to a lesser car i envy you all with the altezza what a car

thanks

John, welcome to LOC. Hopefully someone will come up with the info you need.

Phil

Quick question, is it the drivers or assented seat you are testing? Am asking as the drivers warning light is in the instrument cluster. The passenger light on the centre consol. I would check under the seats in case of a loose connection in the wiring underneath . Otherwise it could be just a faulty sensor in the seat (I'm guessing this won't be cheap to fix). Finally, if I remember correctly the belt warning only comes on when driving over a certain speed, so just sitting on the drive with the engine On may not be enough to check .

hello to all thanks phil i hope i can sort it

hi clossie its both the drivers and pass seats i have checked all the wireing under the seats it all seems ok and the bulb in the cluster the drivers flashes with the ignition on and the pass work by using a presure sencer in the seat

iv spoke to a teck from birmingham lexus (great bunch of people)and he said it could be the switch in the seatbelt catch it is not a open close switch it works off resistence thats why the meter cant read anything

if any one is thinking of removing a seat can you disconnect the catch and put ignition on and see if the seatbelt warning light flashes (please be carefull there is an airbag connecter under the seat i think its the yellow one DO NOT dissconect it but if you are removing a seat i would be interested to know i am going to order one from lexus on monday but thay have to send off for it

thanks for all your help and keep driving

p.s give the lexus a flash when you pass one

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links