Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch Change Advice

NEOCON

I'm considering changing the clutch on my IS200. I've tried searching on the forums for some info but could not find specifically what I was looking for.

What I'm trying to find out is how big of a job it is to change I clutch on a IS200 and how long should it normally take providing you don't hit any problems like seized bolts etc. I remember a couple members on here saying it can be done in 2 hours. Is that how long it takes when you have access to a lift or can it be done on ramps?

If anyone here has had their clutch changed in a garage, can you please give me some estimates of what would be an acceptable cost for this job?

Thanks.

Had the clutch changed on mine last week. Used the Blueprint clutch kit and had the spigot bearing replaced as well. Complete job cost me £370.00 (but this was a favor to me!) Why are you having the clutch replaced?

Ive bought and Exedy Clutch Kit, the cost of the kit and to put in is going to cost me around £320 in total. Current clutch still got a few miles left in it so will probably do it at the end of the month. There is a thread on here of someone doing the change themselves and it was his first attempt. Have a look using the search bar.

Replacing the clutch on my car has cured the annoying cluch judder and has made the drive a lot smoother. There was apparently a tad of "play" in the flywheel but took the chance not to change it as new duel mass was silly money and not sure if changing to a single would give any side affects.

Still got a slight whine mainly through 1st to 2nd gears but dont know if this is caused by the flywheel or gearbox, would be nice to have this sorted but without changing one or the other I cant see any way of knowing exactly what the cause is....

Had the clutch changed on mine last week. Used the Blueprint clutch kit and had the spigot bearing replaced as well. Complete job cost me £370.00 (but this was a favor to me!) Why are you having the clutch replaced?

I want to change it because I believe the release bearing has seen better days. I get a whine from the 'box when the car is at idle but the whine disappears when I press the clutch. Also, I started to notice a bit of judder from the clutch recently when changing gears.

Thanks for the info anyway. I think I'll get a basic kit from Fensport and ask a few local garages to have it fitted.

I want to change it because I believe the release bearing has seen better days. I get a whine from the 'box when the car is at idle but the whine disappears when I press the clutch. Also, I started to notice a bit of judder from the clutch recently when changing gears.

Thanks for the info anyway. I think I'll get a basic kit from Fensport and ask a few local garages to have it fitted.

Why not just get an Exedy Kit which a lot more people have used and give it high ratings, few quid more yes bu at least u know what u are getting..

I think I'll consider it. Can you point me in the direction of someone who stocks them? I've done a google search but the Exedy site does not have prices and I can't find a distributors list on their site.

eBay mate, thats where I got mine from and its mint, and you will find they are cheaper than other websites that sell them.

Ormi roughly how much should someone charge to fit a clutch, Im having mine done soon and I dont want to be ripped off.

Quite funny when I was reading this post there was a banner at the bottom of the page: "Mr Clutch Autocentres. Clutch experts for over 30 years". Quite convenient LOL

Ebay mate, thats where I got mine from and its mint, and you will find they are cheaper than other websites that sell them.

Ormi roughly how much should someone charge to fit a clutch, Im having mine done soon and I dont want to be ripped off.

it all depends on their rates mate if they are £60 per hour you suply the clutch and we'll round off to 3 hours theirs £180 for fitting...you will also need gear oil we'll say £20 for that so around £200 all in....but you dont need diff oil.. its a very easy clutch to do mate....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links