Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Taking Legal Action Against Lexus

Hello,

I need advice urgently. I recently purchased a 2007 gs450h in Dublin with 22k on the clock. I found out the valve recall work was not done on the car, once I notified Lexus they did the work last week.

However, when I handed in the car i seen an old invoice from a service done by Lexus at the end of the invoice it stated recommeded work to be carried out;

stating the car had a rear faulty shock and that the break calipers were seizing.

The car was in warranty at the time of the documented evidence so it shouild of been done immediately, however on contacting the previous owner who was furious he wasnt even notified by the garage a fault was found and was allowed drive away thinking everything was fine. Negligence alone by the Lexus dealer allowing a car leave with such work to be done still under warranty.

Question is the car is out of warranty now, even though the car has 22k and the faults should not have happened. I hold the documented evidence of the faults when it was in warranty at the time.

I think I have a case that lexus should pay for it?they came back and said they wont cover it and it will cost 2 k!!!!!

Suggestions on what route to take?

Hi

First I would contact Lexus customer services and explain it all to them, if you don’t get any joy, then contact “consumers direct” formally known as “ the department of fair trading” if you ring your local council they can give you the number.

Personally I would say that any problem arising within the warranty period should be covered by the warranty.

My car is coming up to 3 years old and I am probably going to keep it another 6 month to a year, depending on when the new model comes out, what it looks like and how much it costs, so I am not sure weather to extend my warranty at a cost of £1000 or not, on one hand Iam thinking the car has only covered 12k miles so I shouldn’t get any problems, but on the other hand if anything does go wrong, everything on these cars seems to cost megabucks to put right.

Perhaps I will just go a buy a kia and get a 5 year warranty instead :blush:

Hi

First I would contact Lexus customer services and explain it all to them, if you don’t get any joy, then contact “consumers direct” formally known as “ the department of fair trading” if you ring your local council they can give you the number.

Personally I would say that any problem arising within the warranty period should be covered by the warranty.

My car is coming up to 3 years old and I am probably going to keep it another 6 month to a year, depending on when the new model comes out, what it looks like and how much it costs, so I am not sure weather to extend my warranty at a cost of £1000 or not, on one hand Iam thinking the car has only covered 12k miles so I shouldn’t get any problems, but on the other hand if anything does go wrong, everything on these cars seems to cost megabucks to put right.

Perhaps I will just go a buy a kia and get a 5 year warranty instead :blush:

Thanks again Wendle for replying, I have already explained the situation to the Lexus dealer. My next move is going directly to LEXUS Ireland, and explaining the situation with hopefully a getting a resolution quickly!

Hughes,

You bought the car privately I'm guessing? If not, I had a shock replaced under (dealer) warranty in Cork no problem. Service history also indicates a caliper was replaced a while ago as well. Has the car always been serviced by Lexus? If so, they are generally good about out of warranty work - especially at such low mileage. Lexus Ireland number is (01) 4190375 if you need it. One thing: given that the problems were diagnosed a while ago, they can't have been that serious seeing as the problem wasn't apparent until you saw the invoice?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links