Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dead Reversing Sensors Is300 Saloon

Hi everyone,

I recently became an owner of an IS300. I bought a Japanese car because the horible reliability I experienced with my 3-series. I thought all was fine but after never hearing the reversing sensors in three weeks I became suspicious. I thought they must be turned off but I can't find a switch anywhere so I came to the conclusion that they are faulty. These look to be oem sensors. I just wanted to know is there a swith or a fuse somewhere for these?, if not what could be the fault?

Its no big deal but because they are there I would like them to work so any ideas would be much appreciated.

Sorry, I just realised I stupidly posted in the wrong section, what a bad start,

Could one of the mods please move my post to the IS section

thanks

I had the same problem on one of my cars years back.

The way I tested mine was to stand my mothering in law behind the car, and reversed back until she appeared from under the front wheels, :tomato: mine weren’t working either. :blush:

I had the same problem on one of my cars years back.

The way I tested mine was to stand my mothering in law behind the car, and reversed back until she appeared from under the front wheels, :tomato: mine weren’t working either. :blush:

I hope you cleaned the car after, :hehe:

did you find out what was wrong in the end?

• 1 month later...

I fitted a set of Lexus sensors to my GS a few years ago (the LPA400 kit).

What I'd expect you to find is a small black box under the carpet over the rear passenger-side suspension strut, or thereabouts. From there a bundle of cables go through the vent in the lower corner of the boot (if fitted as per instructions, they may go out through a rubber grommet instead). These are the cables from the sensors themselves, one cable each.

You'll also find a two-wire cable going to the buzzer (I think it mounts somewhere by the passenger-side C-pillar, I put mine under the eye-level brake light pod).

Finally, two more wires. One goes to the wire that feeds the reversing lights, the other goes to ground, either to a nearby bolt or to the lighting harness again. A switch can optionally be fitted to the supply wire, in case you have a towbar and don't want it whining about your caravan or trailer. This would be fitted through the carpet in the vicinity of the light cluster. I can't remember if it has its own fuse as it'll be protected by the reversing light fuse anyway.

When you put the car into reverse you should get a short beep as the box powers up. If not, check the power, ground and buzzer wires for damage.

I hope this info helps you nail the problem. Good luck!