Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot And Fuel Hatch Open When Key Removed.

James Marsh

Hello all,

First post so apologies for any poor etiquette here.

I have a Lexus SC430 Soarer Import 2001 (Y-Reg UK)

Not sure if I have a car electrical problem or some issue with the key itself (only have 1 key which is annoying).

On turning the engine off both the boot (trunk) and the petrol hatch open. Somewhat annoying. Any suggestions?

James.

Never heard of that fault. Cant think of it being key related. Both keys are the same and then you also have a valet key which does not open the boot and glove box. May be worth asking on clublexus.com alot more US SC430 owners.

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 8:48 PM, David Breame said:

Thanks for reply 

found it and ordered a replacement not expensive used at £25

and easy to change so I’ll let you know if it works 

thanks again dave 

Hi mate Did you solved the problem with gateway ecu?  

Any more help with this problem would be helpful

tried network gateway Ecu no change 

next thing I’ve looked at could be  body control module 

any body know anything about these or any that can check it out 

or repair 

thanks Dave 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Lexus Genius's, I know this is an old thread, I need help with the same issue on my SC430, I've been searching ECU's online and the only one I can find which may control the fuel filler door/trunk maybe the Switch, Door Control ECU, part number 84931B  8493124030 

Anyone know where the ECU is located on the car, I'm guessing under the dash some where and would this cure the problem?

d745bb7fdc0725e6732a95e8e3d2994c.png

11 hours ago, Nigel Dwight said:

Hi Lexus Genius's, I know this is an old thread, I need help with the same issue on my SC430, I've been searching ECU's online and the only one I can find which may control the fuel filler door/trunk maybe the Switch, Door Control ECU, part number 84931B  8493124030 

Anyone know where the ECU is located on the car, I'm guessing under the dash some where and would this cure the problem?

d745bb7fdc0725e6732a95e8e3d2994c.png

84931-24030 appears to be the switch below the radio head unit that operates the door so I don't think it will be that.🙂

I thought it was a rare fault but we have seen and chased this or similar on a few cars now and I don't recall anyone reporting that they solved it. The first thing I would do is connect Techstream or a good obd reader to see if there are any stored fault codes. Some of the advanced equipment can send signals to the switches to test operation too.

If you can't easily test for codes, it does sound like a wiring /connection / earth fault to me so I would carefully check the fuses and fuse junction box in the boot and if that looks fine then the wiring to the boot lock/latch and the fuel filler release. I would start by pulling fuse 33, to disconnect the fuel flap and test it. If no change, try fuses 36/37 for the boot lock.   

I think we looked at the following in the past;  

Fuel flap lock

Valet switch connections (glovebox)

Master door lock switch on driver's door.

Gateway ECU

Wiring fault in boot/signs of damp that might cause an issue.

The boot release and fuel flap switch connections

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links