Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Oil?

rincewind

I use millers cfs 5w40 triple ester racing oil in my 200 but I also use an updated hks oil filter. For normal customers cars millers recommends 10w40 for normal use, 5w30 longlife for extended use

Racing oil and road oil are much the same, paying for mobile1 or Castrol on the other hand is crazy, it's all the same apart from the additives that's why I use the highest possible grade suited to the engine and still pay less than a better known branded basic product. I service everything that comes to us with millers oils.

Whatever you use, make sure it's 5w30 not 5w40. And if budget can accomodate use a fully synthetic oil as they are better quality. Personally I use Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-30 Ester Synthetic.

Whatever you use, make sure it's 5w30 not 5w40. And if budget can accomodate use a fully synthetic oil as they are better quality. Personally I use Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-30 Ester Synthetic.

go to toyota/lexus and buy 5 lrts but as sid above 5 30 is the recomended oil...

Cheers all for the replies. I'll see what price Lexus charge for 5L of fully synthetic, and then look at Opie Oils. I've got to go in to lexus Woodford next week anyway to pick up new wheels. I think £65 each for them is excellent value (but then, it is their fault they chose a wheel that bl@@dy well corrodes with the slighest chip).

The dealers have always used Castrol Magnitec 10w-40 (Green bottle) in mine.

Also just like my old Avensis, it's never needed a drop of oil in between servicing.

I wish that was the case with my BMW! :shutit:

• 2 weeks later...