Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thoughts: Stock Is200 Lowered 30Mm On Eibachs

Matt Hillyard

Hi All,

Been away for a while and I have a few questions about lowering my IS200 30mm on Eibach springs.

I have a pretty much stock IS200 and have just put 4 new tyres on it thanks to the horrible suspension set up issue! Its going to get booked in for the WIM treatment, however I want to lower it at the same time just give it that slightly lower stance. The only problem is I don't want to lose any of the ride comfort as I car share with 3 other people and when its my turn to drive I don't want it to be so stiff it shakes everyone's bones every time.

Has anyone else got a stock IS200 on Eibachs and if so what are their thoughts on the ride in comparison to stock??

Thanks all!!!!

:)

Might not be much use to you, but i've got an is200 se lowered around 40mm on progressive springs, and the ride is great. Not crashy at all. Don't think 30mm will make much difference in comfort tbh, and eibach are also one of the best in the business in the suspension world, so i say go for it!

• 1 year later...

Well I cant really argue with those comments so I shall get them ordered and get it dropped....

So, Matt, how is it? Got any photos of the wheel arch? How much to the arch roof? How does the suspension handle big bumps? I want to drop mine too, but the roads are horrible...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I run mine with standard shocks with Eibach springs. I also have their roll bars too which is a much more enjoyable ride as the comfort is still there but it goes round roundabouts on rails in the dry and has improved in the wet too so go for it I say. Not sure the Lexus is car you buy to "slam it to the floor", mine does look and drive better without looking stupid in such a classy car.

I only have this one of my car since it was lowered.

IS200-12_zps1934c363.jpg

The picture in Matt Hillyard's signature gives you a good idea of what the wheelarch gaps are like with the Eibach springs, The IS's naturally "raked" stance is retained so the rear gap is about 5-10mm larger.

• 2 weeks later...

Where can you get 45-50 rear springs that are as comfortable as Eibachs? Mine does have the "raked" look and I would prefer a flatter look but dont want to ruin the comfort for the sake of an inch.

TEIN S-Tech springs will lower the rear a bit more than the front.

Another possible option would be to keep the Eibachs, but fit KONI Sport shocks. They have a lower spring perch on them which can be used to drop the height another 15mm or so.

I'd imagine they'd be way stiffer than stock dampers, even on their softest setting though...

• 7 years later...

I bought my 99 is 200 already lowered 40mm but ride is quite crashy.. question is, is it because the dampers are set to a different ride height so don’t work and bottom out and potentially not doing what they should and need replacing to suit.. if it wasn’t  hard times ideally I’d get the tein street replacements and just get it done but with the roads around here need a quick fix 👍🏻