Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Se - Is This Good Value?

Hi All,

I have been offered a July 2003 RX 300 SE with Nav for £5K - 66K on the clock and owned by one family from new. Mostly Lexus service history and it had the 6 year service (new plugs) at 45K miles. The car is mechanically sound (my mate has had it on a ramp today and no signs of any leaks or suspension wear. The interior is a bit grubby but cleans up really well (I did a test section) and it drives well. The problem is that it has a few scrapes and dings in the body. No rear bumper scuff pad so the top of the bumper is badly scratched. The front bumper is scuffed and needs a re-paint as do most of the body panels. All the wheels have started to corrode (surprise, surprise!) and the advice from the paint man was to get them powder coated. He gave me an all-in quote of £1200 to get the body looking nice.

One tyre is feathered on the inside edge so I suspect the tracking may need looking at. I know my friend kerbed a back wheel at some point

The tax is due and it needs an MOT but it essentially had that today so will pass without problems.

Any thoughts on the vlaue of this thing? I am prepared for poor mmpg!

Many thanks in anticipation!

as above go get it and enjoy it ......i did and have a smile on my face every time i drive it ....fuel economy is 25 mpg but i did not buy it for that ......i bought it cos i liked it ;)

as above go get it and enjoy it ......i did and have a smile on my face every time i drive it ....fuel economy is 25 mpg but i did not buy it for that ......i bought it cos i liked it ;)

I did buy it and I am delighted! I had test driven a new Honda CRV Diesel Auto the other week and although it drove well there was quite a bit of tyre and road noise. Having driven the Lexus again there is no comparison and I suspect this car has cost me far less that the first year depreciation on the new Honda. Forget the fuel economy - who cares when it is so refined!

My other option was a new X3 (I have owned BMWs for the last eight years and I do love them!) but I think they take about 6 months to get here and to have one with Nav and Auto would cost about £36K. Just looking forward to getting some miles on the RX300 now!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have been offered a July 2003 RX 300 SE with Nav for £5K - 66K on the clock and owned by one family from new. Mostly Lexus service history and it had the 6 year service (new plugs) at 45K miles. The car is mechanically sound (my mate has had it on a ramp today and no signs of any leaks or suspension wear. The interior is a bit grubby but cleans up really well (I did a test section) and it drives well. The problem is that it has a few scrapes and dings in the body. No rear bumper scuff pad so the top of the bumper is badly scratched. The front bumper is scuffed and needs a re-paint as do most of the body panels. All the wheels have started to corrode (surprise, surprise!) and the advice from the paint man was to get them powder coated. He gave me an all-in quote of £1200 to get the body looking nice.

One tyre is feathered on the inside edge so I suspect the tracking may need looking at. I know my friend kerbed a back wheel at some point

The tax is due and it needs an MOT but it essentially had that today so will pass without problems.

Any thoughts on the vlaue of this thing? I am prepared for poor mmpg!

Many thanks in anticipation!

Did you get the tatty bodywork sorted? If so, how does it look now?