Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spare Key Not Costing ££££ - Hopefully,,,

Kevster

Hello,

I'm the new owner of a 54 plate IS300 SportCross. Lovely car, but it only came with one key. My local Lexus dealer is quoting some £300 for a fully programmed replacement.

Does anyone have any bright ideas on getting a replacement key, but not having to spend so much?

Yours in hope.

Kevster

Have a search- loads up on this subject.

If you've got a master key then you are looking at £40 max..

If only a Valet (or non master key) then the sum above, plus another £150 or so for an ECU re-flash.

I posted my experiences on here a while back.

J

• 1 month later...

Me again. My internet research show that the key for an IS300 Sportcross should be a Denso 1512V. There are 2nd hand examples of such keys available on eBay but all of the vendors say that I should double check the part numbr on the back of the key I already have. Thing is, the key I have has no number on it. It has two buttons - "lock" and "unlock" - and the Lexus logo embossed in gold on the back.

Does it sound like I indeed have a Denso 1512V key and that the one advertised on eBay is compatible? My thoughts are that it is a Denso key and the online key is compatible but I would be grateful for the views of more experienced Lexus owners (I've only had mine for 6 weeks).

Cheers.

Is your key black or grey? If it's black then it should be a master, and therefore you'll just be able to get another key off eBay, get it cut and program it yourself using the guide on here.

The sportcross remote is supposed to only have 2 buttons, it doesn't have a separate boot button as the boot unlocks with the rest of the car - but having said that I see no reason why a 3 button IS200 key shouldn't work if you can't find the 2 button key.

hi

i am in the process of getting another key cut for my RX300 i was quoted £350 lol from Lexus but have found a man that says he can do for alot less

getting it done Monday 18th July so will feed back my results when done

Dave

hi

i am in the process of getting another key cut for my RX300 i was quoted £350 lol from Lexus but have found a man that says he can do for alot less

getting it done Monday 18th July so will feed back my results when done

Dave

Excellent please do let us know, this is quite a common problem and an alternative to Lexus prices would be very welcome.

Well guys

got the keys from the guy i spoke about above

gets them cut with the Lexus logo on then just transfers all the internals from the old/broken key cost each key £30

i got two done and they work a treat phone number for Andy really nice guy 07732 507086 he is based in Gloucester but i am sure he can help you

out where ever you are worth a call

Dave