Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My First Lexus

Hi everyone and thanks for looking at my first post.

After months of searching, I finally bought my first Lexus. Its a 2001 IS200 Sport with Aero kit, black with tan interior. Its only done 48k with only 1 owner, full Lexus history and for £2500 I couldn't turn it down!! It was well worth the 8 hour trip from Swindon to Bolton and back!!

I've now had it for nearly 2 weeks and Im absolutely loving it, what a car!

It had faded gold badges when I got it, which weren't to my taste, so I debadged the grill and sprayed the rest (rear and wheels) matt black. Much better me thinks ^_^

After hours of washing, claying, polishing and waxing I thought I would share some pics.

16062011360.jpg16062011369.jpg16062011374.jpg

Im hoping to change the rear lights as the early chrome ones are a bit too much like a 17yr olds corsa/saxo/fiesta for me. Also should be getting a blue LED dash kit.

I think I will paint the calipers black. Where can i get Lexus decals to put on them after?

looks a nice clean one mate......have you got a side view?you sure its a sport?the rear spoiler looks a bit small for it being a sport..

as it got alloy pedals and alloy sill trims?might just be the way the pics taken...

lol I was pretty dubious myself so I had it HPI'd. Completely clear. I also got the service log from Lexus to check the mileage and that backed up the paperwork I got with the car. So I'm well pleased with it :D