Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wing Mirror Auto Closure Guide

BillNick

Hi all,

I bought a timer relay box pre built from a fellow member a couple of years ago and at the time read up and got hold of the guides etc but didnt end up doing the job.

Having done a search found that most links in threads are now dead.

Does anyone have a guide saved down? Preferably with pics so I can be sure the box I have will work etc?

Hoping to do this job myself now.

Will hand it over to my mate who can wire anything in. Sure he will understand it, as its all french to me

Does that thing I have to buy replace a part and where about is it located

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have just become a member and have seen this mod and would like to do this to my is200 can someone forward the guide to me also please.

Shanechapman23@aol.com

Gonna be putting in my kenwood 729dvd and dvd headrests in the week so thought it'll be a good time to do this too while the car is in bits!

Thanks in adavnce

Shane

• 3 weeks later...

I would be interested in this guide please

adambuffery@ymail.com

What parts would I need and is it a hard job

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Variable-Timer-pulsing-Relay-board-start-i-p-option-/120739513083?pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Automation_Control_ET&hash=item1c1ca2c2fb

no its an easy job with the info that I have sent you.

Lee

Hi please can you email to me also. dirty-dogg@live.co.uk thanks!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi pm me your email address I have them I can email to you.

Lee

hi lee could you please send me the instructions for the mirror closure or post it on here my email address is carol.walsh _@ntlworld.com i have purchased the relay of eBay cheers tony

ok got the diagram and this out of my reach i think, is there any one in or near south wales that can do this for me, more than happy to pay for this, also what other parts are needed for auto closure for the windows etc any help please for a newbie

Relay came yesterday morning 8 ) fitted it today using the diagrams Lee emailed me. Piece of *****. Took about 45 mins and looks so neat if I do say so myself. Only thing I would add to the diagrams is where to take a permanent live from. If you look at the fuses the conector to the top left of them has a large thick White wire. I used this and the whole thing works perfect first try. Best mod so far 8)

I can honestly tell you I have no idea. All I know is that there were wires connected to the electric windows in each door which then ran up the sills of the car, terminating in the drivers footwell. Those were connected to some relays, and some more wires were connected to the mirror unit, which was connected to the alarm trigger and a couple other places.

Witchcraft happened and now when I hit the lock button on the fob, the mirrors close in and any open windows will shut.

The actual detail I don't really know, Ormi and Rabster did all the work during the JAE weekend.

The instructions I have for the mirror unit expect that you already have it (i.e. they are purely fitting instructions).

As for how it's built, I have no idea, that's a question for someone else. If you want the full closure details, PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

im just waiting on all the little bits being sent to me from rabs then i'll have the same....

hardest part of doing the total closure is running the wires into the doors....

you need

mirror closure

4 relays(one for each window motor fitted in a central location ie drivers foot well)

lots of wire and i mean lots...

cant wait to fit mine!!!!!!