Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlights For Europe

Just brought my RX 300 over to Spain. Need to convert headlights to get an ITV certificate (MOT) anyone any idea how I can get these parts. Very few main dealera in Spain and very expensive. Help please

Just brought my RX 300 over to Spain. Need to convert headlights to get an ITV certificate (MOT) anyone any idea how I can get these parts. Very few main dealera in Spain and very expensive. Help please

I can only suggest you scour the breakers yards for a pair of LHD lamps, I am absolutely sure those stupid little beam deflector stickers will cut no mustard with the authorities of course so replacement lamps are your only option.

Have a look on eBay.com----make sure that you go onto the US dotcom website rather than the eBay.co.uk site.

There are plenty of RX300 headlights for sale on there and they seem to come out at around US$110 to US$120 for a set of two.

Shipping would be extra, but at less than £35.00 per headlamp I don't think that you are going to do any better.

• 2 years later...

According to Lexus UK there is no need to do anything. See below for their reply.

16 September 2013

Thank you for your further email.

I can confirm that the HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlamps on the RX 350 do not need to be
converted for travel on the continent. The set up of the headlamp is such that the light shines in a horizontal
flat beam which has no kick up and as such is not dazzling to drivers of oncoming cars.

As you have suggested, we would recommend that the Intelligent Adaptive Front-lighting
System (I-AFS) is switched off when travelling on the continent.

Yours sincerely

Claire Newman

Customer Relations Executive

16 September 2013

See below for answer from Lexus UK. There is no need to do anything.

Thank you for your further email.

I can confirm that the HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlamps on the RX 350 do not need to be
converted for travel on the continent. The set up of the headlamp is such that the light shines in a horizontal
flat beam which has no kick up and as such is not dazzling to drivers of oncoming cars.

As you have suggested, we would recommend that the Intelligent Adaptive Front-lighting
System (I-AFS) is switched off when travelling on the continent.

Yours sincerely

Claire Newman

Customer Relations Executive