Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Cd's To Use

As i have read around here that the IS200 stereo's don't like copied cd's. Has anyone out there found a make off CD that will play all the time on the stereo

Also does anyone have a wiring diagram so i can install a later head unit into my 2001 IS200

As i have read around here that the IS200 stereo's don't like copied cd's. Has anyone out there found a make off CD that will play all the time on the stereo

Also does anyone have a wiring diagram so i can install a later head unit into my 2001 IS200

You are right, but I found it's a bit hit and miss. Mine was a 2001 model and I used various branded cd's without any issues.

I'd say stick to branded cds, it's something to do with the varying thicknesses that makes them jam.

Not sure on the wiring front I'm afraid.

Wiring diagrams can be found here workshop manuals

Click down left hand side on 'Electrical Wiring Diagram' followed by 'OVERALL ELECTRICAL WIRING DIAGRAM [RHD]'

Then 'Radio and Player' followed by link relevant to your car based on year and no. of speakers.

'8 speakers' relates to rear shelf 6x9 looking speakers having 2 drivers in each.

Standard on SE and Sport models along with amp behind the glovebox.

Have fun

TG

As others have said, I've used all sorts of CDs as well, from branded to unbranded costing just a few pence and I've never had any problems.

Could be an issue with your cd writer not closing the disc properly rather than the CDs themselves.

And just to check you are making audio cds and not MP3 cds right?

I use Verbatim CD-R's and burn them at as slow a speed as possible.... (My 5 year old laptop will burn them at 1x or 2x even but my year old PC will only go as slow as 16x both systems use Nero to burn the CDs).

Cheers

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...