Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 300 Sportcross - What Size Is Spare Wheel?

I have only recently noticed - from the spec sheet on this forum, and conversations with other owners - that the IS 300 SportCross has different-sized front and rear wheels and tyres. Rims are all 17" diameter, but fronts are 7.0JJ and 215, rears are slightly wider 7.5JJ and 225.

Which raises the question (not answered in the spec sheet): what size is the spare? Can any owner, or Lexus dealer-person, give a definitive answer? I ask because I suspect the spare in mine is non-original...

I have only recently noticed - from the spec sheet on this forum, and conversations with other owners - that the IS 300 SportCross has different-sized front and rear wheels and tyres. Rims are all 17" diameter, but fronts are 7.0JJ and 215, rears are slightly wider 7.5JJ and 225.

Which raises the question (not answered in the spec sheet): what size is the spare? Can any owner, or Lexus dealer-person, give a definitive answer? I ask because I suspect the spare in mine is non-original...

Hi, mine has a 215 spare tyre which was a virgin wheel and tyre when I bought the car so I presume that is the correct size.

Regards Tony

The spare will be the smaller size so it can fit on the front or the rear.

Of course - should have realised that! Thanks to both members who replied. Now I just have to find another "virgin" wheel and tyre of the right size to put in place of the spare I have.

Of course - should have realised that! Thanks to both members who replied. Now I just have to find another "virgin" wheel and tyre of the right size to put in place of the spare I have.

No probs mate! What spare have you currently got?

• 2 weeks later...

No probs mate! What spare have you currently got?

The spare is in the approved used SportCross which I have recently seen and paid deposit on, and am about to collect. The spare wheel is in fact an original, but used, and someone when changing the tyre in the workshop evidently failed to load the wheel on to the machine properly. Inside rim of wheel looks as if someone has been at it with an angle grinder. It's evidently MoT legal, but I am a tad surprised that the dealer decided to sell it as-is. But now it's down to me to find a decent replacement.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links