Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres

Evening all.

I will soon need to replace the tyres on my IS200. Currently have a set of Pirelli P2000's on. What are other people using and are there any recommendations to combine value with quality?

Cheers

I've run a few different tyres on mine, as you probably know, back in the day Bridgestone Potenza and Dunlop SP9000 were supplied from factory. The Bridgestones were pricey though.

I was quite pleased with my cheaper Toyo T1s when I upgraded to 18" wheels.

Buy from www.camskill.co.uk cheap as chips and all different brands on there.

I had michilin ps2's on last I have just put some Falken ze912 and to be honest there not any worse than the ps2 and they are half the price they

are also on camskill about £70 a tyre delivered but Im running 225.40.18 rubber

I hope this Helps

Lee

Just had 2 of my tyres replaced with Michelin PS3s - waiting for them to scrub in to comment on whether they're better than the F1As they replaced but they certainly seem a fair bit quieter and more comfortable too.

Just had 2 of my tyres replaced with Michelin PS3s - waiting for them to scrub in to comment on whether they're better than the F1As they replaced but they certainly seem a fair bit quieter and more comfortable too.

Wowzaa, PS3s eh on an IS200! We need to get you that V8 so you can use that rubber for real! :tomato::hehe:

Ive got the toyo proxes t1r on mine and cant fault them at all. very good tyres and great value for money. Had them put on just after i had the geometry setup and it made a huge difference.

at the moment i have falken extra laod tyres on the rear and kumho sports on the for the water displacement, however on every previous car i've had i've put on uniroyal rainsports, and i will come wintertime on my is200

I had to replace all 4 tyres on my 2001 IS200SE last month too. It was in for a service at Lexus Bristol and they picked up that the fronts were down to the canvas on the inner section (oops) and the rears were down to less than 3mm in some places.

There was no way I was going to pay main dealer prices for a commodity item like tyres..however...Lexus Bristol guaranteed to beat any price I could find (online,local, kwikfit etc) which amazed me!.

So now I have 4 Nexen tyres on , fully fitted for £120 a pair. And the car had the usual wash and vac, whilst I drooled over a new IS250 or maybe a CT200 and drank coffee.

I could of had Pirelli, Goodyear, or some of the other premium range, but for the type of driving I do I couldn't justify the extra cost.

Hope that helps someone.

CB

I had to replace all 4 tyres on my 2001 IS200SE last month too. It was in for a service at Lexus Bristol and they picked up that the fronts were down to the canvas on the inner section (oops) and the rears were down to less than 3mm in some places.

There was no way I was going to pay main dealer prices for a commodity item like tyres..however...Lexus Bristol guaranteed to beat any price I could find (online,local, kwikfit etc) which amazed me!.

So now I have 4 Nexen tyres on , fully fitted for £120 a pair. And the car had the usual wash and vac, whilst I drooled over a new IS250 or maybe a CT200 and drank coffee.

I could of had Pirelli, Goodyear, or some of the other premium range, but for the type of driving I do I couldn't justify the extra cost.

Hope that helps someone.

CB

That's good I saw there advert on price matching aswell!

You forgot to add that you sorted your geometry out at WIM and all is well now :winky:

Good point!, I'd forgotten about that . Any idea if W.I.M have a base near Bristol?

Thanks

CB

lol! Don't ruin your fresh new rubber, get it tracked asap, seems like it's all out of line.

WIM normally lists affiliated/recommended garages. If nothings listed, post over in the WIM forum or better still give Tony a ring and see if he knows of anyone in that region who he can recommend.

Either way, only goto a place that uses a 'Hunter' wheel alignment machine.

I got a 200IS last year and took it to Tony at WIM for tyres and alignment. I wanted to put some Michelin (or may have been goodyear) on at about £150 a corner, he talked me in to Falken and he was right. Much cheaper and feel great. Very little noise and very sure footed. Mark that down as another shout for Tony.

I got a 200IS last year and took it to Tony at WIM for tyres and alignment. I wanted to put some Michelin (or may have been goodyear) on at about £150 a corner, he talked me in to Falken and he was right. Much cheaper and feel great. Very little noise and very sure footed. Mark that down as another shout for Tony.

Yeah I have 19" Falken 452s on my BMW, great alround choice. :)

Thanks for all the responses. I've made a few notes and will look into costs and report back!

edit - found Falken Ziex ZE-912 on blackcircles.com (they have a fitting centre round the corner) for £76.

Are these any good? I don't really thrash my car about so I'm guessing I won't notice much difference from the Pirelli's (which are down to about 3mm of tread).

Just check, it's 452's I have. I was actually recommended away from the asymmetric tyre pattern for the IS200; I noticed that the tyre you chose has that. I'm really just repeating what I was told by Tony however.

Do you mean the Falken FK-452?? Same website has them for sale at £89.

Thanks for all the responses. I've made a few notes and will look into costs and report back!

edit - found Falken Ziex ZE-912 on blackcircles.com (they have a fitting centre round the corner) for £76.

Are these any good? I don't really thrash my car about so I'm guessing I won't notice much difference from the Pirelli's (which are down to about 3mm of tread).

I have the is300 and as I said above just as good as the PS2's they replaced, I was also stuck for what tyre to get next without having to get a mortgage to pay for them, I have read a lot of good reviews about the Falkens

Lee

> Do you mean the Falken FK-452?? Same website has them for sale at £89.

Sorry, yes, that's the one. I think I paid £85 a corner from Wheels-in-Motion last year, but, I was having alignment done, so I may have got a bit of discount.