Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Centre Arm Rest

lexus22

Annoys me that my is200 sport manual does'nt have a higher center arm rest, think the automatic versions have this, is there any kits/mods available to do this?? <_<

Annoys me that my is200 sport manual does'nt have a higher center arm rest, think the automatic versions have this, is there any kits/mods available to do this?? <_<

I used one from a fiat stilo,looks almost oem and at £10 was a few hundred cheaper than a lexus one.

I used one from a fiat stilo,looks almost oem and at £10 was a few hundred cheaper than a lexus one.

This I have to see, can you post up a pic?! :shifty:

So lexus supply one as a direct fit?

Yeah we had a group buy on them years ago! :winky:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=43067&st=0&p=448741&hl=armrest&fromsearch=1entry448741

This I have to see, can you post up a pic?! :shifty:

Ditto, interested to see how well it fits!

As Purvesh mentioned many have fitted it in the past, it's the same armrest out of the auto, fits fine in a manual too :)

I have one in my car, was a bit lucky as the previous owner bought a genuine Lexus one for more than £250. Its perfect it really is worth it, makes my driving more comfortable :)

• 4 weeks later...

No handbrake doesnt hit it even on full,swivels upwards as well so you can use cupholders, very comfortable as it supports your whole lower arm.

Thats even better than i thought, Just hoping mine comes with the lower peice of trim, Looks like its missing off the one I have got!

if you need any more help/tips on fitting feel free to send a pm.

One more thing the one i used came covered in fabric,re did it in leather from a volvo armrest...basically the same color leather as is200 half leather seats.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats even better than i thought, Just hoping mine comes with the lower peice of trim, Looks like its missing off the one I have got!

if you need any more help/tips on fitting feel free to send a pm.

One more thing the one i used came covered in fabric,re did it in leather from a volvo armrest...basically the same color leather as is200 half leather seats.

Hi Cou;d you send me a guide on how to install the fiat stilo armrest into an is200 sport. Got an arm rest on order but not to sure how to install it.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Thats a great little find. I've wanted an armrest myself for awhile but actually forgot about it until now! :hehe: I'm looking at ordering one off eBay myself. Just wanted to check if it matters which year or model stilo it comes off. I've looked here .http://cgi.ebay.ie/Stilo-01-07-Front-Armrest-Arm-Rest-/320745401516?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aadea6cac#ht_1378wt_774 Is this the one?

Cheers guys.

sorry i havent been able to take any pics due to ending up in hospital to have op on my knee.

can try to explain without pics though

firstly remove centre console with cubby and lid.

remove lid from cubby hole.

turn over and remove 6 screws which hold ashtray and storage box.

this info can be found on this site or google bahamut cars is200.

Next push exposed end of armrest into the bottom of storage box you have just removed, this will leave marks from lugs on bottom of armrest,remove enough plastic with a knife ect so the lugs fit through hole.

Once you have done this you need a piece of metal rod slightly wider than the storage box.

Mark both sides of box just above the curve of armrest mounting bracket,drill a hole either side and a matching hole in centre console you have removed on one side only.

re-assemble centre console without armrest inserted and re-fit to car.

finally push armrest into storage box again,then you need to insert rod through hole in centre console a push through all the way until it holds armrest in place,you can add 2 self tapping screws in the mounting bracket as well if you wish.

Hope this makes sense, if not drop me a pm

Regards Ian.