Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Easy Is It To Steal An Isf?

unless the stratagy at tracker has changed radically since i last had one fitted it was an absolute no no to put tracker stickers on a car with tracker - they can and are findable,destroyable and the signals blockable - why stack the cards in your favour and then show your hand ?

It's like having a house alarm fitted but not putting a flashing bell on the front of the property. It's a deterrant, like said previously, no matter what you do, if they want it badly enough they'll have it. Anything that's going to make them think twice and move onto another car gets my vote.

but yes if you think that would deter the sort of people that could/would steal an isf then by all means have a huge deterrent tracker sign put along the top of your windscreen for the ultimate protection

:lol: in baby pink?

• 2 weeks later...

As you know, theses cars gets a lot of attention. Some of it (in my area at least) can be rather unwelcome. I know Lexus security systems are extremely effective, but does the ISF have an inclination sensor to warn of and prevent jacking and towing, or theft of the wheels? Lexus HQ and Dealer don't know the answer, but since the RX has this added security measure, you would think the more expensive and (arguably) more desirable ISF would too. Does anybody know the answer please??

Does anyone know if any of the 188 IS-F's in the UK have been stolen?

I bought (unknowingly) a stolen / recovered IS-F last month so there's at least one. As it was before I bought it, I don't have any details on how they got into it.

As you know, theses cars gets a lot of attention. Some of it (in my area at least) can be rather unwelcome. I know Lexus security systems are extremely effective, but does the ISF have an inclination sensor to warn of and prevent jacking and towing, or theft of the wheels? Lexus HQ and Dealer don't know the answer, but since the RX has this added security measure, you would think the more expensive and (arguably) more desirable ISF would too. Does anybody know the answer please??

Does anyone know if any of the 188 IS-F's in the UK have been stolen?

I bought (unknowingly) a stolen / recovered IS-F last month so there's at least one. As it was before I bought it, I don't have any details on how they got into it.

Was it a bargain Cat-D?

I don't know if an ISF has ever been stolen but security on the Open Day was such that you were not allowed out in the ISF on your own and the qualified driver kept the key fob in his pocket at all times so I never even got to handle it!

I don't know if an ISF has ever been stolen but security on the Open Day was such that you were not allowed out in the ISF on your own and the qualified driver kept the key fob in his pocket at all times so I never even got to handle it!

I found it bizarre that they were so careful with the IS-F yet let me out in the £100k LS600h without even the slightest hesitation!

Just a word on tracker stickers - I once had a tracker fitted and was told it was not really wise to advertise your car has a tracker as thieves will take appropriate action to avoid detection (e.g. hide the thing under a railway arch or similar where the signal is muffled for a few days). Although you'd think that top of the range cars would have a tracker as standard, a high percentage don't. So a thief will not necessarily know that the car is being tracked. So don't help him by telling him there is a tracker fitted.

And in defence of car alarms and immobilisers, etc - they are indeed useless against the 'professional' thief. But most of the time, we have to contend with the toe rag looking for drug money. A decent alarm and immobiliser will see people like that off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links