Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Its that time again and it arrived this morning via Tinternet from Chaucer Ins and what a surprise, its gone down by £63 to £301, Fully Comprehensive. 3 years ago I was been involved in an accident (Not at fault) when a 16 ton truck took a dislike to my Grand Cherokee Jeep and came at me straight out of a side street. Written off

MOT took place 2 months ago and No advisories and she passed with flying colors. I have since replaced the front tyres and although the old ones still had about a thousand miles left we were off to Cornwall for a week.

I am over 60 Car is Mk4 LS400 1998 and I live in the country

If its not a Lexus its just a car.

Mike :P

I know it helps to be over 50 when you're buying car insurance. But I agree with Mike that running an old 400 can be reasonably-priced motoring when you take into account lack of depreciation and MOT costs that would affect 'normal' cars. (See moriwaki's post on here about 400s being so much better-built than 460s - my mechanic, who's Lexus-trained, told me the same thing.)

I know it helps to be over 50 when you're buying car insurance. But I agree with Mike that running an old 400 can be reasonably-priced motoring when you take into account lack of depreciation and MOT costs that would affect 'normal' cars. (See moriwaki's post on here about 400s being so much better-built than 460s - my mechanic, who's Lexus-trained, told me the same thing.)

We that run and cosset our LS400's are the true world environmentalists and conservationists as to keep one LS 400 serviced and running properly is far cheaper many many times over on the environment in terms of the pollution than that that is caused in the making of a single new car even the wonderful Hybrid cars which the rich and famous love to be seen in, only when there are cameras around.

We have lived in a throw away world for too long. Hold your heads up high as you waft along in your LS400 and remember if you want to reduce your carbon footprint, drive everywhere.

Here endeth the lesson for today.

Mike

Right again Mike - unlike the people who scrapped perfectly useable older cars in order to get a £2000 discount off a new 'greener' small one under the Government's ridiculous scheme. I paid less than that for my Lex, which my mechanic says I can run for 10 years if it's maintained properly. Yet people still think 'Big car, environmentally unfriendly'. Or 'wasteful extravagance'. I don't think it is - when you factor in lifetime running costs (including depreciation). And meanwhile we have all the luxury and refinement we could want.

I bought my ls 3.5 years ago for £2250 spent £1750 on an lpg conversion, I have saved last count about 6 months ago £3700 in fuel bills, Have had no major outlays on the car ( ball joints £150) being the most expensive.The car hasn't missed a beat.

My Co emmisions are 0.002 & the car is probably worth £2500 in todays market.

If that isn't green cheap luxury motoring I dont know what is.

If the government wanted to really take on a green initative they should have been paying a £1000 towards getting any petrol car converted to lpg, Instead of the -crapage scheme.

Its that time again and it arrived this morning via Tinternet from Chaucer Ins and what a surprise, its gone down by £63 to £301, Fully Comprehensive. 3 years ago I was been involved in an accident (Not at fault) when a 16 ton truck took a dislike to my Grand Cherokee Jeep and came at me straight out of a side street. Written off

MOT took place 2 months ago and No advisories and she passed with flying colors. I have since replaced the front tyres and although the old ones still had about a thousand miles left we were off to Cornwall for a week.

It's a good price Mike, just take that. Chaucer are a fantastic insurer as well.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

It's a good price Mike, just take that. Chaucer are a fantastic insurer as well.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Yup I have stayed with them.

First time in years I've stayed with the same people back to back for years.

I have always said that if something is required by law Road Tax, MOT, Insurance then like Road Tax and MOT to a certain extent should be supplied by the government. This would see a much fairer system with standard Bands at various set rates.

At the moment its a free for all with many Insurance companies operating cartells which only ever profit, well you can guess who.

Mike