Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which is going to be the best route to spend money on when the airwaves go digital??

Mike

Spend it as you normally do, the digital change over should not affect how you spend your money, if however you do get problems send the money to me and I will spend it for you :D

As far as I know FM radio is staying for the foreseeable future and I think there are digtal TV converters for cars but whether they are plug and watch I don't know.

Which is going to be the best route to spend money on when the airwaves go digital??

Mike

Spend it as you normally do, the digital change over should not affect how you spend your money, if however you do get problems send the money to me and I will spend it for you :D

As far as I know FM radio is staying for the foreseeable future and I think there are digital TV converters for cars but whether they are plug and watch I don't know.

I should have qualified my post by saying that it was the cars radio rather than any indoor stuff.

I am always tuned to Talksport except recently between 10am and 1pm. As they broadcast on MW I believe thats one of those radio bands that will be disappearing.

Mike

I do wonder if new cars have DAB radios now fitted as standard kit though?

Yes they do, new Ford Focus is one depends on spec. - I'm sure there are more.

Just bought the Pure Highway which works by picking up the digital signal anmd the transmits it to your car arial, you tune your existing radio into the FM channel shown on the DAB and hey presto but I need to find somewhere to mount it other than the screen tomorrow, and also find a 12V feed so the Cig lighter isnt used. A trip to the Vehicle Lecky.

Will post some pics when done.

Mike

Looks like they've gone back up now.

http://www.johnlewis.com/230472165/Product.aspx

Makes me smile when most of those on fleabay cost more than this and people are buying them!

I paid £79 from Marks & Sparks would have cost more in gas to get to J Lewis.

I always wonder why people leave their brains behind when it comes to Fleabay.

Mike

Take no notice of me I'm a bit of a club joker.

I do wonder if new cars have DAB radios now fitted as standard kit though?

The problem with Lexus is they are made in Japan and their main export market is the USA. Nether of these countries is showing any interest in adopting the DAB radio system.

See - http://www.worlddab.org/country_information

As long as we have FM and AM we may not see DAB as a standard feature.

John N

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links