Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Latest Mod

Fugu

Hey all, so a few days after shocking my lexi back to life i have fallen in love again and im back to the mods.

So the object of today's session was to relocate the horns since i fitted the sports grill, however since i had the FB off i thought i may as well mod the headlights.

To be honest it was a relevantly simple thing to do... any thoughts??????????????????

hd1.jpg

hd2.jpg

hd3.jpg

hd7.jpg

hd4.jpg

hd5.jpg

hd6.jpg

hd8.jpg

they look cool, quite smart with the indicator left out but since my bulbs where white i put them back in after spraying. Love the look though soooo much better than normal

Yeah the look so much better without the orange filter. But that's just my opinion.

Stix, you could wire in a switchback bulb and use as a DRL and indicator. I used to have them on my IS until I changed the headlights to later spec due to misting.

yeah, i put mine on the lowest heat setting and left them for about 20mins? checking every 10 and then when the plastic was soft bent it back out of the way and then just pulled them apart starting at the inside and working back.

then when i was putting them back together i just put them in the oven again for 10mins and then put them back together and bent all the plastic back into place and used some clamps to hold the light shut till they plastic cooled and hardened.

I have just done this as well!

I did my fogs and left the orange filter out though!

pics:

IMAG0256.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

When i did mine i detangoed the front lights and replaced with LEDs also changed the bulbs to HID and installed Angel eyes. As my car is silver i didnt paint the interior of the lights. I took this pic recently and as i went to take the photo a bloody pidgeon shat on the front of the car.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n540/thalystgv/IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

I must admin they do look pretty cool, however my headlights are so oxidised it's unreal, they look so dirty the orange makes no difference.

Next weekend im going to 'try' to resurface them and possible take the orange out....

I must admin they do look pretty cool, however my headlights are so oxidised it's unreal, they look so dirty the orange makes no difference.

Next weekend im going to 'try' to resurface them and possible take the orange out....

Yeah you can wet n dry sand them with very fine sandpaper and polish them back upto brand new. There's some DIYs of general headlights on Youtube IIRC.

Deffo take the orange strip out and replace your bulbs with Chrome/Orange ones. They'll look the business!

Yeah you can wet n dry sand them with very fine sandpaper and polish them back upto brand new. There's some DIYs of general headlights on Youtube IIRC.

Deffo take the orange strip out and replace your bulbs with Chrome/Orange ones. They'll look the business!

lovely, got to love you tube. thank you

I took this pic recently and as i went to take the photo a bloody pidgeon shat on the front of the car.

Felt bad for your car getting shat on, so I photshopped out the offending imperfection :winky:

Untitled-1-1.jpg

hi there guys ive just bought my self a lexus is 200 (blue colour) i was thinking of put some angel eyes on the car was thinking is it hard to separate the headlight cluster apart and has any body got any instructions thank you

hi there guys ive just bought my self a lexus is 200 (blue colour) i was thinking of put some angel eyes on the car was thinking is it hard to separate the headlight cluster apart and has any body got any instructions thank you

Stick them in the oven on 220 for 8 mins and pull apart... easy as that!!!

Thanks for sorting my pic out. My headlights were very hazey and dirty looking. I used super resin polish ( Autoglym if i remember correctly)and they now look like new. Also used the polish on my rear fog lights and rear lights. They look like new again. £5.99 a bottle from Halfords and 5 mins elbow grease and amazing transformation for a fraction of the price of new lenses or lights

I had my wheels painted by a friend who works as a painter in a large car company. They only cost £140 to have done. They are not the standard wheel silver either. Its Jet black metalic and i think its arctic silver?? metalic. Look awesome when they are clean and in the sun. Really brings the standard alloys come to life

newwheels.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hello ther mate ive seen your alloys i really like the look of them did you spray them your selve

Yeah I did them myself, I did a couple to see what they looked like, however I never had locking nuts so someone tried to steal them. im just wondering if having them this way is going to cause to much attention

the lights are cool how did you seperate them the heat trick?

Lob them in the oven and keep the wife's hair drier close by to save re-heating