Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stereo Problem

So i recently bought an IS200 SE with sat nav. B)

Today i tried to load a disc and it said 'wait disc 1' :tomato:

I have searched the forums and found how to take out stereo for an easy fix. :blink: :blink:

This did not work, so what now :tsktsk:

I don't want to put an aftermarket stereo in, and have found a few stereos on eBay, but would they all fit (2001)? Is there a problem cos of the sat nav :question:

If i get an aftermarket unit i believe i need some sort of byepass cable for stuff, although no one seems to make these :angry:

any ideas :whistling:

if you find a stereo on eBay it needs to be same model, 13901, 13902 etc etc or wont work.

If you but aftermarket search eBay, there a lots of companyies that make the looms for the is200, only problem is its not easy finding a facia that looks nice, they are all cheap plastic and make your dash look cheap. people here have managed to pull it off but no easy task.

Look at the front of your player, by the tape deck, what is the code? Also is the CD at top or bottom of the player

13903, thats a bottom loader io think isnt it? if its a bottom loader, get aftermarket one, there not very good, loads of issues with them over the years. or look on eBay, if you find one, ask seller for code, if its same then your all sorted.....till next time

So i recently bought an IS200 SE with sat nav. B)

Today i tried to load a disc and it said 'wait disc 1' :tomato:

I have searched the forums and found how to take out stereo for an easy fix. :blink: :blink:

This did not work, so what now :tsktsk:

I don't want to put an aftermarket stereo in, and have found a few stereos on ebay, but would they all fit (2001)? Is there a problem cos of the sat nav :question:

If i get an aftermarket unit i believe i need some sort of byepass cable for stuff, although no one seems to make these :angry:

any ideas :whistling:

Hi might sound silly but did you press the load button thereafter?????

I did press the load button , i even turned it on :hehe:

it is a top loader, but there are none about on eBay at the moment :angry:

i am going to take it out over the weekend and have a play/shake/hit :winky:

Go for aftermarket, JVC, Sony, pioneer etc, you will get better sound, more options, no useless tape deck taking up space and you all you need is the bypass cable and autoleads facia kit which both can be found on eBay no problem. If you get another orignal stereo that works then yes thats all good until it fails, most of them do.

Not sure on the wiring for the sat nav, but you could always do the sat nav mod, I think sparkystav does that modification. Or you could get an aftermarket unit that also has a Nav..

I've got the 13903 unit in my year-2000 model IS200.

But just last week, it got all frantic and started making a loud whining noise after I loaded a 5th CD into the changer. Now it won't play anything and it is holding 5 of my favourite CDs hostage... :crybaby:

Which is why I decided to go the Grom-Ipod route. I will be removing the headunit at some point to try and salvage my CDs.

If anyone here knows a way I can take it apart and safely retrieve my CDs, I will be most grateful...

taking apart is quite easy, i have done it already hoping to find a simple jammed CD :duh:

I think there is a guide somewhere on the forum :unsure:

Just involves bolts and screws, staring at the top ones, with heated seats bit just sliding out B)

taking apart is quite easy, i have done it already hoping to find a simple jammed CD :duh:

I think there is a guide somewhere on the forum :unsure:

Just involves bolts and screws, staring at the top ones, with heated seats bit just sliding out B)

Thanks for the tip mate :)

But what I actually meant was dissecting the CD player itself to retrieve my CDs. I remember reading about it on this forum somewhere... but I can't seems to find that post anymore :(

To get to any stuck cd's you just undo 2 small screws to take the top off B)

I took mine apart today, studied the movement and could see that one cog was not turning :tsktsk:

to get to this cog i would have to take the player to bits :crying:

so now i need to have a think :blink: