Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Full Service Price

Hi

Looking to get a full service carried out, my local indy has quoted £300 plus VAT they have always looked after our company cars and have a good rep but not sure on the cost, the service would include:-

Brake Fluid Change

Coolant Change

Power stearing fluid

gearbox oil

diff oil

engine oil

plugs

all filters

I think thats it but does £300 + vat sound like a good price ?

The cambelt and water pump were done 20k ago so no probs there

I have done lots of work on my own cars but dont fancy another weekend under a car !

Cheers

Alan

Brake Fluid Change

Coolant Change

Power stearing fluid

gearbox oil

diff oil

engine oil

plugs

all filters

Apart from spark plugs, I got all the above replaced at Lexus Wolverhampton for about £260

My car has a manual gearbox.

Hi

Just checked the Halfords site, looks like it will cost more than 200 as the diff oil not include nor the correct plugs or pollen filter you need to pay extra, shame as £205 would have been a good price.

I rang my local Lexus dealer today and was told on the essential servcing plan a major service would be £250 and they only change the oil, oil filter and Air filter ! Sounds like a major service to me !

I may get my hands dirty and do it myself !

Al

are you sure? i put my car model in and i think it went up by 5 or 10 pound but it definately had everything included

This 24-month service covers all areas of essential maintenance.

In addition to all the items included on the Full service we cover items that are regularly recommended for replacement every 2 years. This includes changing the brake hydraulic fluids, fuel system filters, and spark plugs etc. By having the Major service you make significant saving on the cost of purchasing these extra items separately.

Unlike some garages we are keen to highlight where you may incur extra charges! So please note that there is a additional charge added in the Autocentre for platinum or long life spark plugs, and if your engine size is 2200cc or above it will require more oil, therefore an additional charge of £30 will be made.

See our Service Schedules for more info

I recently had mine done 60K at Halfords auto centre (major Service), was £230ish but i received 15% discount as an AA member so worked out at £199 does not include Spark plugs although i complained to Halfords that they had obviously had not greased the door or bonnet catches as per their servicing spec, and won me free fitted iridium spark plugs hope this helps

Gordon

It says they will "check and report condition of plugs" and only standard plugs will be replaced The IS run on no less than iridium type plugs, its a bit crafty as 1st glance at there service spec sheet makes you think they include it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links