Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

Just thought i would pop in and say hello to everyone, as i just joined today, and have been looking around the various posts, and have to say found it all very interesting especially the topic ref Height Sensors. I was extremely interested in that one, purely because my car is going in to have 4 of these replaced on friday due to the o/s/r and n/s/f sensors seized, and have taken the opportunity to have all 4 done at the same time. I will say this was my choice to have 4 replaced and not the dealership who reported only 2 had seized, and as i am having a service at the same time got a very good discount on the lot, plus it makes sense to have all four done cos you never know when the other 2 could pack up, which knowing my luck, is highly probable lol

I will let you know how it goes

George

Hi All,

Just thought i would pop in and say hello to everyone, as i just joined today, and have been looking around the various posts, and have to say found it all very interesting especially the topic ref Height Sensors. I was extremely interested in that one, purely because my car is going in to have 4 of these replaced on friday due to the o/s/r and n/s/f sensors seized, and have taken the opportunity to have all 4 done at the same time. I will say this was my choice to have 4 replaced and not the dealership who reported only 2 had seized, and as i am having a service at the same time got a very good discount on the lot, plus it makes sense to have all four done cos you never know when the other 2 could pack up, which knowing my luck, is highly probable lol

George

Hi George,

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the service.

I have always found the forum a friendly and informative bunch.

Mike

Hi All,

George

Hi George,

Mike

Hi All,

George

Hi George,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the welcome.

I can see that this is informative, and could be a useful tool in the future.

George

Welcome to the LOC even better to have another LS owner lol.

When you say the height sensors have seized are you refering to the sensors themselves or the linkages that connect the suspension to the sensors,reason I ask is that the linkages do seize and occasionally break.

http://evansweb.info/2009/11/23/ls400-ride-height-sensor-repair

Welcome to the LOC even better to have another LS owner lol.

When you say the height sensors have seized are you refering to the sensors themselves or the linkages that connect the suspension to the sensors,reason I ask is that the linkages do seize and occasionally break.

http://evansweb.info/2009/11/23/ls400-ride-height-sensor-repair

Morning Steve,

As Far as i am aware it is the height sensors, lexus themselves did a diagnostic check etc, and this is what it showed......Retrieved DTCs C1714-Rear height control sensor LH + C1751- continuous current to compressor. On visual inspection found n/s/f + o/s/r sensors seized, unable to adjust. New Sensors required.

SENSOR SUB ASSY L89407-50060

SENSOR,HEIGHT L89408-50060

I was miffed with all of that, but there you are we drive these limos, so we have to expect to put them right should they go wrong which thankfully isn't a lot, so long as they are seviced regularly,having said that the car is 7 years old and hasn't done 50000 mls yet, but this is the only problem i have had.

Still would not get rid of, unless it was for a 460SE-L, OR A 600, LoL

George