Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Automatic Sound Levelling (Asl) & Usb Sound Quality

elliotsdad

Just wondered what others thought about these...

1. In my two previous cars with ASL (Prius Gen 3 & Merc C200K) the ASL was pretty noticeable as soon as you got up to about 50mph+ and the volume increased quite markedly. However, I don't seem to be able to detect any appreciable difference in the CT. I did have the sensitivity in the Prius set on maximum, but there are no settings on the CT other than on or off.

2. The sound quality of mp3s on USB sticks doesn't seem to be quite as good as that from mp3 CD's.

Is it just me?

1. I can't say I noticed much difference on my Prius. I'll try it on the CT200 and let you know what I think.

2. I've loaded quite a lot of mp3 tracks to a usb stick and am quite pleased with the sound quality. Haven't tried an mp3 CD yet, so will also get back to you on that. Just a thought, but are your usb mp3 tracks recorded at the same bit rate as your mp3 cd's ?

Just another thought, I think sound settings can be set for each indivdual source. Are they set the same for usb and cd ?

1. I can't say I noticed much difference on my Prius. I'll try it on the CT200 and let you know what I think.

2. I've loaded quite a lot of mp3 tracks to a usb stick and am quite pleased with the sound quality. Haven't tried an mp3 CD yet, so will also get back to you on that. Just a thought, but are your usb mp3 tracks recorded at the same bit rate as your mp3 cd's ?

Just another thought, I think sound settings can be set for each indivdual source. Are they set the same for usb and cd ?

Thanks, I look forward to reading your findings.

If I remember correctly on the Prius, the ASL setting wasn't set at the highest level by default and I did change it manually myself, but you're right, it wasn't that noticeable even then (not as much as in my Merc) but it was definitely there. In the CT however, I don't notice any difference at all.

Anyway, yes, the mp3's are the same bitrate and I have adjusted the sound settings of each input source as well. I have just had another listen and the difference isn't as big as I first thought. The volume level seems to be a tad lower when playing from the USB though.

Had a short trip up the motorway last night, and must say I didn't notice any sudden increase in audio volume as my speed increased. It's possible there may have been a slight gradual increase. However it did occur to me that there isn't really any noticeable noise inside the car when driving at motorway speeds, so I guess there's no real need to increase the audio volume.

As Kylie says ..... You've joined the quiet revolution.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links