Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just wanted to say hello, brand new here and looks like an excellent community. Just bought a Lexus IS250 SE after being a previous owner of a Vauxhall Vectra, so just a little upgrade :winky:. Just have a few questions really and some advice:

- Noticed some people have a rear boot spoiler lip, where can these be purchased from, noticed they sell similar on eBay but guessing there not the same quality.

- Will be performing a service soon and I like to supply my own parts, what oil should I use?

- Is the car driven by a cambelt or chain?

- Is there any unofficial websites that deal in lexus styling parts other than the dealers?

Many Thanks

Just wanted to say hello, brand new here and looks like an excellent community. Just bought a Lexus IS250 SE after being a previous owner of a Vauxhall Vectra, so just a little upgrade :winky:. Just have a few questions really and some advice:

- Noticed some people have a rear boot spoiler lip, where can these be purchased from, noticed they sell similar on eBay but guessing there not the same quality.

They are available from your local Dealership, but probably only in primer. Alternatively Sewell Lexus or other sites in the USA can supply OEM colour coded but you would need to balance the cost of postage & import duty against costs over here,

- Will be performing a service soon and I like to supply my own parts, what oil should I use?

SAE 5W-30 is the best choice for good fuel economy and good starting in cold weather. If SAE 5W-30 is not available, SAE 10W-30 may be used. However, it should be replaced with SAE 5W-30 at the next oil change.I always used Mobil Synthetic 5W-30 in my IS250 SE-L.

- Is the car driven by a cambelt or chain?

It's a chain, so no worries about when to change.

- Is there any unofficial websites that deal in lexus styling parts other than the dealers?

Now the 250/220D has been around for a while there are quite a few websites advertising styling parts, but mostly in Japan, Germany, and USA. Both WALD and INGS do a different bodykit than OEM. Google is your friend.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links