Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Se Front Caliper Pins

eigenvalue

Can anyone suggest a recommended source for replacement front caliper pins, apart from a dealer?

Also, I am puzzled why only one pin has the rubber sleeve and the other does not? I find that the sleeves stretch and then do not stay in the groove when the pins are replaced. I tried making replacement sleeves cut from neoprene tubing - seemed fine but they do not have the longitudinal grooves in the rubber (presumably to let grease escape). The result is that they give a very good seal and the pin acts like a bicycle pump and tends to spring out exerting pressure on the outer pad. Thanks and any comments would be appreciated!

Can anyone suggest a recommended source for replacement front caliper pins, apart from a dealer?

Also, I am puzzled why only one pin has the rubber sleeve and the other does not? I find that the sleeves stretch and then do not stay in the groove when the pins are replaced. I tried making replacement sleeves cut from neoprene tubing - seemed fine but they do not have the longitudinal grooves in the rubber (presumably to let grease escape). The result is that they give a very good seal and the pin acts like a bicycle pump and tends to spring out exerting pressure on the outer pad. Thanks and any comments would be appreciated!

Try Bigg Red, they might have 'em

You could try AClex the LOC resident dealer who may be able to offer a parts discount? I know these things retail around a tenner each!!!!

I replaced all the rubber bands on mine but the LS caliper has these on both pins and they are different top and bottom and this up to now has sorted the clunking when braking and turning problem since I did them around 4 months ago.