Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

OK, I have been noticing a gradual decrease in MPG. Checked the air filter and it is quite dirty. The car is on 78K so it will get a new one at the 80K service but am tempted to pop a new one in now and swap it back to the old one before the service.

So the question, anyone used K&N filters in their 220D or non-OEM. Prices and performance comparisons welcome'd between non-OEM, K&N and OEM?

well k&n or any after market filter offer a better filtration but at the same time allow better "breathing" this causes the car to become a little louder and grunty price is about 75 for a trd filter havnt checked the oem or k&n prices but tbh when my air filter is due ill be swapping straight to a trd one and not bothering with an oem one. P.s ive not used k&n i usually have used aem on past cars or hks

Used K&N on my IS200 sport. Bloomin brilliant, and you never have to buy a new one again. Going to get one for my IS220D soon. Well worth the money.

Col... <[;o)

£41.78 delivered for K&N filter for IS220D from "Performance Filters"...

Col...

well k&n or any after market filter offer a better filtration but at the same time allow better "breathing" this causes the car to become a little louder and grunty price is about 75 for a trd filter havnt checked the oem or k&n prices but tbh when my air filter is due ill be swapping straight to a trd one and not bothering with an oem one. P.s ive not used k&n i usually have used aem on past cars or hks

well k&n or any after market filter offer a better filtration but at the same time allow better "breathing"

that would be a miracle, wouldn't?

anyway, the truth is that K&N states, that they filter up to 99% of original filters (paper), but with better breathing.

if you don't drive in dusty conditions, K&N is not a problem.

However dusty conditions is a problem , because the oil in K&N gets dirty very soon and then the filtrating effect decreases rapidly (the description of process inside the filter is more complicated, but I don't think it is necessary to describe it thoroughly)

PS: original filter has to be replaced every 2nd large service (60.000kms) - this is too much according to my experience. Half is ideal.

Only noticed slightly better mpg. (3mpg approx). Had K&N filters vefore and they are really good. Yes they do get dirty but easy to clean and re-lube. As Isaid, my local Lexus garage is great and does this for me. No complaints from many of my friends and colleagues who use them, so I still recommend them in a big way.

Col

does a K&N filter affect performance on a 220d? more importantly, does it improve fuel economy?

Got a K&N panel filter in my 220D and its effect on noise is negligible. As is its effect on mpg, as previously stated you may see a slight, and I emphasise slight, increase. It's pick up in cold weather is improved, and it does seem to offer a little more torque for when pulling away.

• 2 years later...

I have a K&N on my is220d, it was on the car when i bought it. I have never had a K&N on any of my diesel cars before but always have on my petrol cars. I have a slight drone on light acceleration, does anyone else get this with a K&N or could it be something else (flywheel maybe?) I'm tempted to by a paper filter to see if it solves the problem.