Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When set to Auto the frontlights do not switch on when I start the car ! Should it be like that or is this a fault ? Now I have to manually turn on and off the lights when starting and stopping the car, and I don't want to do that !

I'm not meaning to be facetious here, but you do realise they only come on when the sensors decide it is sufficiently dark? They are not 'on' all the time like some of the Volvo's.

If set to auto and they don't come on when dark there may well be a problem with the light sensor on the top of the dashboard.

I'm not meaning to be facetious here, but you do realise they only come on when the sensors decide it is sufficiently dark? They are not 'on' all the time like some of the Volvo's.

If set to auto and they don't come on when dark there may well be a problem with the light sensor on the top of the dashboard.

I was suspecting something like that. In my country the lights must always be on when driving. I guess there is a way to deactivate the light sensor.