Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What If I Dont Bypass The Amp

bashdem

Hi guys

Got a Pioneer DEH 5200SD on the way which is to be fitted into a 2000 IS200 SE. I know I can purchase the amp bypass cable to bypass the factory amp. But, what if I use the RCA pre-outs from the head unit and connect them to the factory amp? Is this a better or worse option?

I plan on keeping the factory speakers so what would be the best option? To bypass or not to bypass?

Cheers!

Ok, cool. Thanks

So the standard bypass cable is ok then? Is the autoleads version any different/better to a random one off eBay?

Also, any links to the best fascia kit? I've searched before but a lot of links are old and I wonder if there are any newer kits out there these days.

Cheers

Found this cable...

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CT51LX01

and one of the tech guys at the site confirmed it connects from the headunit to the amp - if this is the case, surely this would give a better performance than bypassing the amp?

no it doesnt!!that connects to the connectors that go into the amp their for doing away with the amp.....

Sod it, I've gone for that cable (CT51LX01). It looks the same to me as the one described to bypass the amp in other adverts and I reckon the guy at the company just read what he saw on the website. We'll see though.

Any tips on the best matching fascia to go with??