Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pleeeeaaseee Help Me

Ok, i was having a mess in the car the weekend, looking at cable routes for a handsfree mic. After looking around i decided i wanted to mount it by the drivers sun visor, so i pulled on the drvers side pillar a little to see if i could had cable behind it, and it popped off! Firstly i thought great, perfect cable route, but i cant get it back on, it doesnt clip in and now doesnt sit flush with the rest of the roof. ive pushed and banged n wiggled but it just wont clip in. Have i wrecked it?

Ok, i was having a mess in the car the weekend, looking at cable routes for a handsfree mic. After looking around i decided i wanted to mount it by the drivers sun visor, so i pulled on the drvers side pillar a little to see if i could had cable behind it, and it popped off! Firstly i thought great, perfect cable route, but i cant get it back on, it doesnt clip in and now doesnt sit flush with the rest of the roof. ive pushed and banged n wiggled but it just wont clip in. Have i wrecked it?

You may have popped the spring off the trim in which case you will need to re-attach the clip to the trim :)

Andy

im not too sure what you mean, on the trim there are 2 plastic squares that fit into 2 metal slots in the actual frame, but there dont seem to be any clips or anything to actually hold it in place?

There are definately 2 clips shown on the diagram,what you may have to do is prise out the 2 plastic squares where the clips should be attached then refit the squares back onto the trim then push the trim back on.

I had a similar problem when I removed the bottom boot trim ( the bit that goes over the boot latch) one of the clips had remained in the boot instead of remaining attached to the trim and it took a bit of time to discover why the trim wouldn't go back correctly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links