Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Stuck To Car!

Ok unless I missed something obvious here, I need to remove the near side rear alloy & on removing all nuts on the raised alloy the stupid thing just will not move off the hub , stuck there as if nuts still there.

Usually as you remove the final nut you may have to get ready to catch the wheel as it pops off, or at least it did with my old astra, so I knew something was up.

Any ideas would be gr8 ,dont know if its seized, needs lube or what.

Cheers

Ok unless I missed something obvious here, I need to remove the near side rear alloy & on removing all nuts on the raised alloy the stupid thing just will not move off the hub , stuck there as if nuts still there.

Usually as you remove the final nut you may have to get ready to catch the wheel as it pops off, or at least it did with my old astra, so I knew something was up.

Any ideas would be gr8 ,dont know if its seized, needs lube or what.

Cheers

Get the WD40 out and give the hub a spray, leave it a few minutes ad try again, wheel may need a tap

[ or a kick!] and it should come off.

jack it up and give the tyre a whack with a rubber hammer or equivalent from the under side outwards.

Apply copper grease to the back of the alloy/hub face to stop the same happening again.

If it's on really well try going around the inside edge of the tyre with a rubber mallet, a few years ago it escalated up to a lump hammer on a mates car!

Needless to say smear some grease on the mating surfaces before refitting the wheel.