Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Denso Transponder And Key For Lexus Ls400

First question is did you get the master key i.e. the one that has 3 buttons and opens the boot? Because without this you cannot program any more keys if you buy them.

Have a look here for keys (nothing in the UK)

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=lexus+ls400+keys&_sacat=See-All-Categories

STEVE, THANKS FOR REPLYING. YES HAVE MASTER KEY WITH THREE BUTTONS AND ONE OPENS THE BOOT. I HAVE ALSO THE KEY NUMBER.

WILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE AND KEEP THE CLUB/YOU INFORMED.

I HAVE BEEN WITH THE CLUB FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE ASKED QUESTIONS[, AND MOST IMPRESSED BY THE PROMPT RESONSE.

MANY THANKS,

PAUL (LOFROT)quote name=steve2006' timestamp='1309857556' post='757876]

First question is did you get the master key i.e. the one that has 3 buttons and opens the boot? Because without this you cannot program any more keys if you buy them.

Have a look here for keys (nothing in the UK)

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=lexus+ls400+keys&_sacat=See-All-Categories

You can buy blank Denso keys from eBay for around a fiver, and have them cut by any reasonable security locksmith. (I would suggest avoiding the Cobblers type of key cutting service though).

If you buy a complete key, make sure it has a triangle detent in the "Unlock" section, a Dot in Lock and a white car/boot symbol in the third. The ones without the triangle are more common, but do not operate the LS400.

I did this myself, and discovered the triangle after 2 aborted attempts..... I then bought a 2nd hand key (with triangle) and transferred the inner Denso electronic pack to one of the earlier cut key fobs, and hey presto! A breaker may have an "old" key with triangle (You only need the innards).

Once you have this done, search here for "key programming" or "pedal dance".

Picture of Denso 12459

best wishes