Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi any recommendations for insurance i have a gs300 sport and some of the quotes i am getting are insane i know its gone up but i am no boy racer(42 in fact)makes me laugh considering i can insure me motorbike for £100 and its quicker than most cars,have tried the comparison websites and their prices seem to be going up every week,had a quote 2 weeks ago the same quote now is £140 more,work that one out, thanks in advance

Hi, I expect you will get hundreds of members giving you advice on there particular insurance companies , but as we all no insurance is a total lottery, were you live, how old you are, male or female, and your right even what day of the week you ask for a quote, what I do?, well a month before my insurance is due I sit at my computer for an hour each day and get insurance quotes from all the companies I can think of, even from the same companies over and over again, I then keep every quote. Then a couple of days before its due I just pick the cheapest one, most if not all quotes you get are normally valid for 30 days.

But just for comparison

Male, 50, live in kent, GS450h, £411 with AXA

Hi, I expect you will get hundreds of members giving you advice on there particular insurance companies , but as we all no insurance is a total lottery, were you live, how old you are, male or female, and your right even what day of the week you ask for a quote, what I do?, well a month before my insurance is due I sit at my computer for an hour each day and get insurance quotes from all the companies I can think of, even from the same companies over and over again, I then keep every quote. Then a couple of days before its due I just pick the cheapest one, most if not all quotes you get are normally valid for 30 days.

But just for comparison

Male, 50, live in kent, GS450h, £411 with AXA

If yours is an earlier Mark 1 Sport than you might be able to go down the classic car insurance route.

I think I am right in saying that most insurers who offer this type of cover often provide "modern classic car" cover for cars of 15 years old and older.

Not sure if it is any cheaper but should be able to go for limited mileage to keep costs down if you don't do too many.

Adrian Flux mentioned above have a large classsic car department I think so might be worth trying them.

Hope that helps.

Phil

If yours is an earlier Mark 1 Sport than you might be able to go down the classic car insurance route.

I think I am right in saying that most insurers who offer this type of cover often provide "modern classic car" cover for cars of 15 years old and older.

Not sure if it is any cheaper but should be able to go for limited mileage to keep costs down if you don't do too many.

Adrian Flux mentioned above have a large classsic car department I think so might be worth trying them.

Hope that helps.

Phil

Hi

I have been with Liverpool Victoria for 2 years now. Last year was £450 this year went up to £480...I was pleasantly surprised when I got the renewal quote!

hi ive got a gs300 sport 1996 mk1. i am 51 years old and disabled i am paying £327 fully comp with aviva.my previous car was a 1997 mk2 mondeo 2.5 v6 auto and was paying £427 fully comp.very pleased with lexus quote.

hi ive got a gs300 sport 1996 mk1. i am 51 years old and disabled i am paying £327 fully comp with aviva.my previous car was a 1997 mk2 mondeo 2.5 v6 auto and was paying £427 fully comp.very pleased with lexus quote.

Got my renewal from Swift for my Vectra £193 fully comp + NCBP. Same company on a comparison site £285! how does that work?

• 2 weeks later...

Did mine last night

Swift cover (an online insurer)

GS300 SE-L o an 06 plate. Paid £516 for full business use. It was £524 last year.

Looked about for cheeper, but alllooks the same, so stayed with Swift

Hope this helps

PG