Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a small problem with the recirculation mode with the heating system, whenever i turn the car off, then start it up again it goes into recirculation mode, and i have to press the button to get it to stay on the outside air setting, it happens with and without the aircon on.

Am i doing something wrong, or is there a fault somewhere?, it's getting on me bleedin nerves.

I have a small problem with the recirculation mode with the heating system, whenever i turn the car off, then start it up again it goes into recirculation mode, and i have to press the button to get it to stay on the outside air setting, it happens with and without the aircon on.

Am i doing something wrong, or is there a fault somewhere?, it's getting on me bleedin nerves.

Has this problem only occurred now once it's got quite warm outside?

If so that's normal, when it's quite hot in the car, the system automatically switches to recirculate to cool the car faster, it will switch back to fresh air after a few minutes when it's brought the temp down a bit.

Sorry if you were already aware of this and have a different problem.

Thanks parthiban, I wasn't aware of it, so I'll leave it on next time and see if it goes into outside air after a few mins, thankyou.

Also if the IS is like the GS the recirculation function effectivly has 3 modes. Outside air, recirculation and auto. It needs to be on auto.

So if you put your climate control into auto mode and set your temperature and put your recirculation mode into auto as well as parthiban says, the system should switch to outside air when it senses the conditions are right.

Bare in mine though that the system will also stay in recirculation or switch to recirculation mode if you are driving in heavy traffic as it senses the crap in the atmosphere and shuts you off from all those nasty pollutants :P .... Clever things these Loxotas !!!

The Ed

Well no joy today, i've had the air con on and off, but not in auto, and every time i switch the car off and start it up again it goes into the recirc mode and i have to switch it to outside, it can't be me can it?.

Well no joy today, i've had the air con on and off, but not in auto, and every time i switch the car off and start it up again it goes into the recirc mode and i have to switch it to outside, it can't be me can it?.

If it's anything like the IS200, then below roughly 18 degrees the car automatically reverts to recirc the air instead of allowing from outside (when you turn the car on and off it will remain in recirc position). You have to manually keep selecting outside air at this temperature setting. If you set the temperature above 18 degrees then it will allow you to keep the option of outside if selected even when turning the car on and off.

Try setting the climate control to say face only (and not in auto mode) at say 22 degrees and select outside airflow. Turn the car on and off and see if it stays on outside. If so, try it at the coldest setting and see if it automatically reverts to recirc.

Hope that all makes senses :blink::blush:

Played around with the temp, and all seems fine now, as you say, it must be to do with it being set on the lowest temp setting, problem solved, thanks everyone :yahoo: .

Awesome! :winky:

Yep you've got to leave it a few minutes, it's all about the difference in actual temp and that set on the system.

If it's 28 in the car and you've got it set on 20 it wants to cool the car asap so switches to recirc as that cools already cooled air and therefore cools faster.

Once it brings the cabin temp closer to 20 it will automatically switch back to outside air (usually after a few minutes depending on how hot it is)