Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Idea of price for My 00 Is200 Se

Hi all, unfortunately the time has come for me to consider letting my beloved IS200 go. My only reasons for thinking of selling are that it has had a little damage done to it because of where I have to park it overnight. needless to say I'm livid about it but I can do nothing about it as I have been seriously struggling money wise since mid way through last year. I would get the repairs done to it but I am worried about spending the money to fix it and some to$$er damaging it again so I just thought I would ask you guys what you thought it might be worth or what I might expect to get for it if I advertised it for sale. THIS IS NOT A SALES PITCH as I now realise you must be a gold member to sell cars on here, I'm simply trying to get an idea what it may be worth.

Anyway, here are the details: -

2000 W Reg IS200 SE in silver, manual gearbox

Approx 144,500 miles but used daily (and has never let me down in over 2 years)

Excellent runner having only ever needed a new drivers side front wheel bearing (done), middle exhaust pipe (done) and 1 exhaust gasket (advisory on last MOT which was done within 2 days) need changing

17" original Lexus alloys (need a refurb due to kerbing that was on them when I bought the car)

All the usual SE spec

Original stereo would not play CDs so I have relaced the entire system with a double din Clarion Max688RBT 7" touchscreen DVD/MP3 player with built in Bluetooth (nearly £700 when bought new, seriously nice stereo) and rear USB port (which I use with a 16GB USB Stick to hold endless music), a Juice 1200w amp driving Vibe Edge ED306 Front Component Speakers and a twin 12" Armageddon shallow depth Active Sub in the boot (built by Rockford Fosgate and leaves loads of boot space) although I would have to consider pulling the stereo and sub but that's negotiable

Full service history with original Lexus wallet and all documentation

3 Keys including 2 Master and 1 Valet key

Taxed till end of January 2012

Has 4 very good Falken Asymetric tyres fitted which cost me about £300 just over a year ago, give much better grip in all weather conditions compared to all the Beemers I kept going straight past in the snow last winter!

HIDs fitted to front and all other front bulbs replaced with Ring Ultra Xenons

Never been smoked in

New front discs and pads fitted in February 2011

Bad points:

The car was keyed twice down the passenger side the same day my missus opened the door into a bollard in the car park (grrr). Had quotes for about £220 to sort the lot out and the next bad point too)

Scuff on rear drivers side wheel arch (was there when I bought the car)

Small dent in the roof, rear drivers side by the aerial, I still have to try tap it out

Anyway, I am just wondering what people think this car might be worth if I was to advertise it as I have no idea.

Cheers

I've already been shatting with one of the moderators on here regarding my post as I worded it all wrong first time I posted it up. Its not meant as a sales pitch, I just want some ideas off folk what it may be worth, if I was going to advertise it for sale I would sign up as a Gold member and follow the rules

Why don't you look on Autotrader like I just did to gauge a price?

Forget amps and stuff, they don't add value, I'd rather, as most people, have standard kit. A quick look found a lot of IS's starting at around £1400 127k miles or a 1 owner FLSH 58k miles £1995 ono. So your car with high miles and a bit scruffy, you could try £1200.

Hi all, unfortunately the time has come for me to consider letting my beloved IS200 go. My only reasons for thinking of selling are that it has had a little damage done to it because of where I have to park it overnight. needless to say I'm livid about it but I can do nothing about it as I have been seriously struggling money wise since mid way through last year. I would get the repairs done to it but I am worried about spending the money to fix it and some to$$er damaging it again so I just thought I would ask you guys what you thought it might be worth or what I might expect to get for it if I advertised it for sale. THIS IS NOT A SALES PITCH as I now realise you must be a gold member to sell cars on here, I'm simply trying to get an idea what it may be worth.

Anyway, here are the details: -

2000 W Reg IS200 SE in silver, manual gearbox

Approx 144,500 miles but used daily (and has never let me down in over 2 years)

Excellent runner having only ever needed a new drivers side front wheel bearing (done), middle exhaust pipe (done) and 1 exhaust gasket (advisory on last MOT which was done within 2 days) need changing

17" original Lexus alloys (need a refurb due to kerbing that was on them when I bought the car)

All the usual SE spec

Original stereo would not play CDs so I have relaced the entire system with a double din Clarion Max688RBT 7" touchscreen DVD/MP3 player with built in Bluetooth (nearly £700 when bought new, seriously nice stereo) and rear USB port (which I use with a 16GB USB Stick to hold endless music), a Juice 1200w amp driving Vibe Edge ED306 Front Component Speakers and a twin 12" Armageddon shallow depth Active Sub in the boot (built by Rockford Fosgate and leaves loads of boot space) although I would have to consider pulling the stereo and sub but that's negotiable

Full service history with original Lexus wallet and all documentation

3 Keys including 2 Master and 1 Valet key

Taxed till end of January 2012

Has 4 very good Falken Asymetric tyres fitted which cost me about £300 just over a year ago, give much better grip in all weather conditions compared to all the Beemers I kept going straight past in the snow last winter!

HIDs fitted to front and all other front bulbs replaced with Ring Ultra Xenons

Never been smoked in

New front discs and pads fitted in February 2011

Bad points:

The car was keyed twice down the passenger side the same day my missus opened the door into a bollard in the car park (grrr). Had quotes for about £220 to sort the lot out and the next bad point too)

Scuff on rear drivers side wheel arch (was there when I bought the car)

Small dent in the roof, rear drivers side by the aerial, I still have to try tap it out

Anyway, I am just wondering what people think this car might be worth if I was to advertise it as I have no idea.

Cheers

Free valuation

this should be pinned?

wahid

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll look into Auto Trader and What Car guide when I get chance (working lots of overtime at the mo as the missus wants to move and we need the money desperately)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links