Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member Will Go And Look At A Lexus Is300 Tomorrow

KentIS300

Hello Guys,

I am going to look at a Lexus IS300 Sport Cross tomorrow, are there any known faults I need to look out for?

It is a 2002 car with 83.000miles and it is not a navigator model.

What is a good price I should expect to pay in your opinions?

Cheers

I'd be looking for a cambelt change receipt or try to haggle the cost into the deal,i think the main thing to check is the wear on the front tyres,if it's not been set properly it'll eat the inside edge,there's plenty of posts on here about it.I've no idea on the value,but i paid 5k in February for a car the same age with 41k and full LSH (top price,i know) and according to Parkers it's worth 3k now if it had average miles,HTH.

The cambelt was done just under 10.000 ago and paperwork exists to prove it :)

We have agreed to a price even lower than Parkers ... so fingers crossed it is as good as it sounds :D

Thank you for the reply

That's a bonus !,a lot is said about the Lexus quality,but it's true,so as long as the owners haven't abused it,so everything should work,feel solid and the paint should be rust free,unlike the Jag i had !,good luck for tomorrow.

One of the owners ... dont know if it was the last one, has replaced the Stereo with an Alpine one (iPod, Iphone, Bluetooth compatible) ... now the question is ... would all 9 speakers work with a 3rd party Stereo?

Has anyone installed an aftermarker and have the knowledge?

Cheers

OK picked her up today ... did a very quick clean and here she is ...

some pics.

Loving the driving experience and the engine sound is really nice and throaty... also the gear box in a sequential mode works really nice...

Well I am just loving it. lol

IMG_3478i.jpg

IMG_3482i.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3480i.jpg

IMG_3479i.jpg

IMG_3477i.jpg

IMG_3476i.jpg

IMG_3475i.jpg

IMG_3485.jpg

IMG_3483.jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

SHE LOOKS LIKE A STOATER , I LOOKED FOR ONE THE SAME COLOUR WHEN I WANTED AN IS , COULDNT FIND ONE IN SCOTLAND .WELL DONE , HOPE YOU ENJOY ;)

Thank you guys

I am loving it ... took her for a decent motorway trip today and ... oh boy feels planted on the road!!!

Although she needs fron suspension arms (bushes) changing and one leaking shock absorber... still feels amazing.

I wonder how would she feel after those are changed :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links