into an impossible gap.!!!!

she knocked on my door and said

'oh dear i seem to have sctratched your car'

silly me, i'll buy you some T cut.!!!!!

i said its a bit more than T cut will take out

i'll take it to a body shop.

she was'nt happy when i came back armed with a quote

for between 200/300 quid.

and have'nt seen her since,not sure how to pursue it.....

Hi, well she's admitted fault so I'd give her two options. Either she pays the body shop bill, or you can pursue it through insurance.

Obviously it's better all round she just pays the bill. Less aggro all round and explain to her if you go through insurance she will ave a claim against her and her premium will go up .

Knock on her door and have a polite but firm chat with her.

Steve

my neighbour,

has grazed the front offside bumper

and wing of my lexus,forward parking

into an impossible gap.!!!!

she knocked on my door and said

'oh dear i seem to have sctratched your car'

silly me, i'll buy you some T cut.!!!!!

i said its a bit more than T cut will take out

i'll take it to a body shop.

she was'nt happy when i came back armed with a quote

for between 200/300 quid.

and have'nt seen her since,not sure how to pursue it.....

In the five years I had my IS200LE, it gained 11 significant scrapes, dings and gouges in various car parks that cost a total of £2830 to repair. Individually, each was below my insurance excess, and NOBODY ever owned up to any of them; so I had them fixed at my own expense. I suspect you will end up doing the same to maintain peaceful relations with your neighbour.

The assumption by many is that these minor grazes etc. don't matter or cost virtually nothing to repair - the rest just don't notice/don't care what they have done/will say parking spaces aren't big enough (but would be if they lost weight or took some care) so it isn't their fault.....

In the grand scheme of motoring expenses, although annoying and unwanted, this is at the small change end of things; so suggest you get it fixed, stick a copy of the bill through her letter-box and hope her conscience makes her cough up.

It's a pain. Why don't people just park a little further down the street in a bigger gap and walk, it'd be much quicker. One woman reversed into mine while I watched as she tried to squeeze into a small gap. She said "oh dear I didn't realise I'd hit it I though it was the kerb". I don't know how she thought it was the kerb as she was a metre away from it and in no danger of getting anywhere near it. Then the other day a bloke I'd never noticed before said "Hi, you own that lexus don't you? Did you notice any damage? I saw someone reverse into it the other day..." :megaangry:

I agree, pop round and ask if she wants to pay up or go through insurance.

also you could contact the police...it might be classed as a hit and run...just explain to them she said she would sort it at the time now she wont even speak to you....if that fails contact your insurance company and give them her reg number and they will do the rest

• 1 month later...

well at long last i've found a company

to do the repairs to a cost that my neigbour

is happy with..........

they are called 'revive'. and they are

a nationwide franchised company.!

to be honest i,ve never heard of them.

have any other members used their services?

anyway they have quoted me £140 plus vat

and they are coming tomorrow, so we shall see

:unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links