Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pwr Button

Someone care to explain to me what this does

Don't know about yours but on my early LS being an auto, the PWR switch keeps it from changing gear for longer. Just the job when you want to race a Morris Minor away from the lights! :whistling:

By the gearstick, Mines a 2001 auto

So is mine so hopefully that answers your question. Now you know what to do when an old Morris is next to you at the lights!!

It can on certain cars (anyone know for the IS ?) alter the map on the ecu to actually give more power and alter the throttle pedal response on electronic throttles,plus alter the g/box reponse as has been said.

I don't know what it actually does but the results are impressive on my 98 LS400: hit the power button and the gas pedal goes from gradual to instant reactions and the car from sedate to zippy (?). Naturally the fuel economy (?) suffers. The "snow" setting (on the same button) obviously does the reverse and is handy in the snow. Mostly happy to stay in standard mode.

It's sharpens the throttle response and holds on to gears longer. The thing I notice most is that it kicks down more eagerly.

I actually find using PWR can make the car more economical depending on your driving style, as it spends more time in the right gear.