Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sorry to hear yours is beyond repair. What about the black one HAYLANDS was helping his brothe to sell .? Is it still available

Just a thought.

Steve.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear yours is beyond repair. What about the black one HAYLANDS was helping his brothe to sell .? Is it still available

Just a thought.

Steve.

I did think about that one but it is a series 1 and I really wanted to get either another series 2 or move up the timescale to a series 4 and there is a series 4 going on here if the owner can finally let go!

Hi, with the age now of a series 4 car I would have thought that the Haylands one would be OK, especially with its provenance and wow, it sure does look an amazing car.

I would most certainly have bought it if I hadn't just got this one............... and of course I was so endeared to my old Mk1 ... .. at the time .

Malc

Thats cooll, id certainly want to move a few years newer on my next change. Are you looking more towaeds celsiors or is uk spec ok. Imports do come w ith more extras.

Steve

Hello,

Steve, if the mark 4 you're thinking of is Chris Skeltons you would certainly know you would be getting a well looked after car. The peace of mind you would get knowing the history is worth paying for. IF he will sell!

Pete

Hello,

Steve, if the mark 4 you're thinking of is Chris Skeltons you would certainly know you would be getting a well looked after car. The peace of mind you would get knowing the history is worth paying for. IF he will sell!

Pete

Yes it was Chris I was refering to in my previous post.

just been down to a local scrap yard where they had a 1992-1994 Celsior thinking I could get the JDM one piece headlight off it I need and sods law they've gone and weighed it in!

So really struggling now to find the part I may need if I get the car back to repair.

Found some crystal clear"euro" replacements on US sites but concerned that the beam pattern will be wrong for the UK RHD models.

Another Update! Thinking of writing a novel after this :whistling:

I hope I'm not boring you guys.

I received a letter from the 3rd party insurers yesterday and today got a call from them.

They were very nice and are willing to deal direct regarding a settlement once they receive the engineers report and they have said I can retain salvage if as expected the car is deemed a total loss.

They also asked if I really needed the hire car and to be quite honest I don't go far privately so they also offered me a cash incentive if I cancelled it on Monday plus the other half won't even get in it due to it being what she terms a "small f**ty car with a tractor engine"

I've heard there are large vehicles normally painted red or green that travel around the streets at certain times collecting people and taking them to other places... oh yes buses.. what an experience to look forward to! The other half actually did catch the bus to work today rather than go in the Golf.

So by next Tuesday I should know where I stand whether that be at a Bus stop or what I will be buying/repairing myself.

Just a thought.

Steve.

I did think about that one but it is a series 1 and I really wanted to get either another series 2 or move up the timescale to a series 4 and there is a series 4 going on here if the owner can finally let go!

The black one seems to be on eBay, £3,250 I think it is.

I may have found a solution to my proposed self repair of the Celsior, same colour and I think same panels?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CELSIOR-V8-lexus-ls400-limo-/170666994327?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27bc8baa97

That actually looks quite nice, although so did the other one you looked at in the photos.

A long way from Derbyshire though.

Just a personal thing, I've never thought the LS looks good with low profile tyres.

Be great to have a donor car wouldn't it?

That would certainly make self repair easier and a donor car for future parts !!!

What are all the buttons on the rear arm rest for ? Can you drive it from there if the chauffeur has a day off .!!!

That would certainly make self repair easier and a donor car for future parts !!!

What are all the buttons on the rear arm rest for ? Can you drive it from there if the chauffeur has a day off .!!!

I was thinking of using the parts I need right now,then removing parts I may need in the future (fill the shed! lol), then sell the engine etc on fleabay and finally weigh in the shell before the self scrappage option is removed from the V5C.

Depending on how much it goes for I should be able to recover most of the cost of buying, just hope benfur doesn't think I'm going into competition with him.. I'm only breaking Celsiors Maurice!

The rear arn rest contains the rear audio and AC controls, this one looks like the CF package so will have the reclining massage heated rear seats! That's a point mine does have front heated seats so there's a possible project.

The amazing thing is if you look at the toolbox picture the origimal Lexus torch is still in there, that alone is worth the bid price!!!!

Who cares about the £166,000,000 lottery win I'll be happy if all my cunning plans come together.

PS anyone going to High Wycombe next week passing near Derby?

I may have found a solution to my proposed self repair of the Celsior, same colour and I think same panels?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CELSIOR-V8-lexus-ls400-limo-/170666994327?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27bc8baa97

That actually looks quite nice, although so did the other one you looked at in the photos.

A long way from Derbyshire though.

Just a personal thing, I've never thought the LS looks good with low profile tyres.

Be great to have a donor car wouldn't it?

Yes very true a photograph says a thousand words and can hide a million defects!

It's around 105 miles from where I work so I may be able to get a lift down there, it does have tax and MOT so I would just get my insurance to cover it home, if it's been to Prague and back it should make it, if not there's the AA.

I'm in two minds at the moment re low profiles as my 17's don't fill the arches and look too small for the car also makes the suspension harder.

I bought a set of 16" alloys a few weeks ago which I was going to put on in the winter I think they are 225/60/16s and they do fill out the arches better but that's on the back burner for the time being.

Hello,

Pete

Well....just seen my name on here!

Yes, I'd love my LS Ser 4 to stay in the Club!

New MOT last week, to add to the description.

as you'll know, I'm not TOO keen to sell, but really it needs more use than I give it!

It's the knowledge that I'll miss it if it goes......perhaps I should share one!

But it looks as if DIY appeal is here, in this case.

those pics are PAINFUL!

I hope your concept of repair works out.

Someone wrote of my first ever Citroen DS; was painful!

I once backed my lovely Citroen CX Mk 2 into a wall, at some speed (don't ask) and can still remember the feeling!

Still; might end up with a Mehari instead! (-:

post-5541-0-47637600-1310822200.jpg

post-5541-0-02440200-1310822238.jpg

Glad to see that you are going to repair it-doesn't look that bad IF (and that's a big IF) you can source used panels and bumpers. Looks like the Celsior on eBay will make a great donor car (actually it looks a decent enough runaround) especially if you can get it for the scrap value of it as the ad suggests.

And you should still have a few quid left over once the car is repaired to the standard you want for the odd tank of fuel.

Talking of repair I changed from a PC to a MacBook and my Mitchell repair manual dosn't want to load as I guess it is PC based.

Can anyone help with some information on bumper and wing removal?

Talking of repair I changed from a PC to a MacBook and my Mitchell repair manual dosn't want to load as I guess it is PC based.

Can anyone help with some information on bumper and wing removal?

Hi Steve

Always happy to help a competitor !!!!!

give me a ring and I will give you a step by step guide

All The Best

Maurice

07957 530340

Thanks Maurice.

I've now found a link to the Lexus manual for bumper removal and the wing doesn't look too hard to do. The bonnet looks like a pain to realign after replacement but I'll give it a go.

The more I look at the possible donor car the more I'm thinking it has 12 months MOT and Tax do I really want to break it?

The problem is getting a decent wing, bonnet and bumper preferably in the same colour which on mine is "Lexus Dark Silver' all UK spec models seem to be a lighter silver so it could be a JDM colour only. I could if suitable parts are around in good condition have the panels resprayed to match mine then buy a new headlight from ACLex who has given me a very good price for one that will have to be specially imported from Japan. I have already obtained the sidelight assy from a local scrapyard but really upset that what appears to have been the only Celsior in a scrapyard in the UK has been crushed especially when I told the guy to let me know if it was ever being destroyed.

"really upset that what appears to have been the only Celsior in a scrapyard in the UK has been crushed especially when I told the guy to let me know if it was ever being destroyed"

Lesson! Never assume that anyone else cares tuppence?

Good luck with the DIY!

Well the fleabay donor car project has failed with a couple of minutes to go and the price still at £400.00 I was outbid to £695.00 in the last ten seconds, may still have been worth this price with the sale of the spares left over but never mind.

So onto plan C ( plan B is ACLex with a new headlight assy) which will involve Benfur.

Well the fleabay donor car project has failed with a couple of minutes to go and the price still at £400.00 I was outbid to £695.00 in the last ten seconds, may still have been worth this price with the sale of the spares left over but never mind.

So onto plan C ( plan B is ACLex with a new headlight assy) which will involve Benfur.

Unlucky with that one. I was surprised that it made that much, I assumed that if I sold mine I'd be looking at £500 or so.

MOT on Thursday, I thought I'd do it a few weeks early before I tax it and renew the insurance...just in case!

I went to have a look at a 1997 GS300 today as a possible temporary car until I fix mine up and yet again disappointed with what I saw. Ok I know we are talking 14 years old but every panel was scratched, rust and bubbling paint, broken door mirror, blowing exhaust ( you could see the gunk bodged on the middle box), the AC blew warm air, the "FLSH" finished at 70,000 miles and the car now has 118,000 so also due a cam belt, the sticker on the front panel stated the last change was in 2003 at 60,000 so time wise it is 2 years over due, the ATF was a nice dirty brown colour, the alloys were coroded to the limit and the interior was ditched.The dealer offered me £35.00 off the asking price saying that with a bit of money and effort 'it would make a very nice car and would be worth a lot more" to which I replied "so why not do this yourself" and put the keys back in his hand.

I have come to the conclusion that I will not find another car in the same preaccident condition as mine so I have decided to get a cheap runaround with a few months T+T just to get me through until mine is finished.

Latest Update!!!!

The engineers report has now been completed confirming a total loss but of course the useless claims handling company have not yet managed to email it to the 3rd party insurer's so another day has gone past and I still don't know where I stand regarding a settlement. This is in addition to the hire car supplied by the same company which I cancelled on Sunday after doing a deal with the 3rd party insurer's :shifty: and is still sitting on my drive despite 3 requests to collect, maybe I should charge them storage costs!

What I don't quite understand is why the engineer has had to dismantle so much of the car for the report and the wrong side at that!

lexuscutaway.jpg

I feel for you, I would be lost without my old LS even though she is battered and the Chavs round here seem to want to play noughts and crosses with keys on it (God help em if I catch the little cowards).

Do you need a big car in the mean time while you fix the LS up or just after something small to tide you over? ( NOte to self must look up where the expression "Tide you Over" comes from )

Other half won't even get in a small car so needs to be fairly large. Going to have a look at what appears to be a nice GS300 tomorrow just hope it is better than the last 2 cars but one I looked at.

Also watching a 1998 LS400 LPG at the moment, went to view it today and it was very good and for a nice change as described, honest and open seller too, 1 hour test drive, the price is up to 1750 at the last look so getting close to my limit ( but not over it yet!).

Appealing valuation at the moment as even the insurers cannot understand how the engineer came up with the total loss value with nothing to compare it to in the UK and with nothing in Glass's guide.

I provided some examples for sale in Australia for comparison.