Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kerbing Wheels

Goggy

Damn, I have kerbed my alloy wheels twice now. It's too easy with low profile tyres. I must be more careful. Very annoying.

Also, I've not had low profile tyres before. I notice they have a exposed rim which I've not seen on a tyre before, or have I just never noticed them on other cars. When I kerbed one the other day some of the exposed rim was damaged, a chunk being removed. Should I get them checked out or is it just sold rubber so no real problem to the tyre itself?

Yeah, what a plonka I am eh? Done it twice too.

We've all been there mate! :msn-cry: I must admit I too have a small scrape on my front nearside wheel and I was so determined not to do it in this car.

I noticed when I go back to Hong Kong that they always seemed to park their cars at least 6ins from the pavement and I just thought what bad parkers they were! Now I know why!

Damn, I have kerbed my alloy wheels twice now. It's too easy with low profile tyres. I must be more careful. Very annoying.

Also, I've not had low profile tyres before. I notice they have a exposed rim which I've not seen on a tyre before, or have I just never noticed them on other cars. When I kerbed one the other day some of the exposed rim was damaged, a chunk being removed. Should I get them checked out or is it just sold rubber so no real problem to the tyre itself?

It's so easy to do. My sympathies - been there and done it. :)

My worst trick though was on a new Avensis front spoiler that came very close to the ground. If you caught it on the kerb and reversed it pulled off the clips and fell off. I did it and took it back to the dealer to replace the bent clips and then did it again in the dealer's forecourt on the way out! :lol:

It's so easy to do. My sympathies - been there and done it. :)

My worst trick though was on a new Avensis front spoiler that came very close to the ground. If you caught it on the kerb and reversed it pulled off the clips and fell off. I did it and took it back to the dealer to replace the bent clips and then did it again in the dealer's forecourt on the way out! :lol:

lol i wish there was a like for posts i can just imagine you pulling away and it falling off straight away lol still waving to the dealers haha! Just park half a mile off the kerb its the best way lol