Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone got any ideas please....

Went for a drive with the misses today to padstow , 100 mile round trip.

On way home it was a little warm and windy so closed windows and used the aircon. About 2 minutes later I had a loudish background droaning noise that seemed to be there weather i was on the gas or not .50mph ish. Thinking it may be a/c related I switched it off and soon after the noise went. Drove another 40 miles home no problem. Not tried it since. Checked under bonnet nothing looks outa place. Not a wheel bearing because it happened straight and left right bends. Tried a/c briefly as arriving home and was ice cold but not on for as long as before.

Other than that car was faultless.

Could it be a Aircon pump or bearing failing or could it be low on gas ?

I'm assuming it's a/c related.

Steve

Could it have been the AC cooling fan kicking in? It only normally does when the AC is on and the car is stationary but with warm weather it may have done whilst moving.

When it does come on it certainly spins very fast and does drone due to the air passage through it.

If you leave the engine running and the AC on you will hear the fan when it kicks in and out, try it to see if the noise is the same as you heard.

Thanks, steve I'll try that tommorow.If it's the cooling fan then it's normal. When I had the noise it didn't affect the drive at all. I don't use the a/c very often but have not had any trouble in over 3yrs with the car.

Ill postI again tomorrow

Thanks Steve.

Hi, did a test run today to tavistock and tried a/c on way home ,all fine. Then ran car on drive with a/c on varying fan settings for 15 minutes and and no untoward noise. The large fan behind the rad ran continuously and sped up and slowed down regularly with a clicking sound . So I guess I'm just gona have to use it normally and see what occurs. Will keep posted .

Thanks Steve.

You havem't fitted a Supercharger and not mentioned it to us have you :whistling:

Plus if the LS400 had it's control flaps set incorrectly it would at around 120MPH reaching V1 rotate and maintain a positive rate of climb up to 30,000 feet! :D

You havem't fitted a Supercharger and not mentioned it to us have you :whistling:

Plus if the LS400 had it's control flaps set incorrectly it would at around 120MPH reaching V1 rotate and maintain a positive rate of climb up to 30,000 feet! :D

Lol superchargers !!!! That always makes me laugh...our cars go like the starship enterprise as it is :hehe:

And as for the "control flaps" ,.. Were are they ? I NEED THEM !!!!!!

Now you're being silly..again

Still, I may just try it this morning

I have noticed that all the various fans have got louder over the couple of years of ownership of the LS430. I guess it's just normal wear and tear and you have to put up with it. the whine of the seat ventilators is beginning to annoy me though :-)

Mike

Seat ventilators ??? That must be a 430 thing. My seat ventilator is but into my pants, the misses hates it lol.

Just had a trip to bristol and back at starship speeds and no untoward noises so watever i heard has gota be a/c related.

Just outa interest how many fans should a 95 have. I can only see one large one aft.?

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links