Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Led Foglight Bulb / Black Foglights

auzzam

Just wanted to know has any one fitted those bright LED fog lights to there car. As I want to change the normal colour.

these are the ones I mean :

$(KGrHqV,!lUE3HtDJHbiBN+yPHEO!Q~~0_12.JPG

Can you please post pictures of them on your car as I want to see what shade they are, ideally to match with my 8000 hid and angel eyes.

Has some one blacked out the fog lights? is it a similar method to the headlights (as I have recently used the oven to paint them black) and again please post pictures.

hope you guys can help.

regards

auzzam

These are my LED foglights, you will need to check if your model has that type of bulb. As some of the later models (some 2003 and onwards) have H3 type bulbs fitted.

Here's a picture of my LED foglights with my 6000K dipped beams, they both look slighty more blue in real life, but that shows you how 6000K HID is pretty much exactly the same as a white LED

DSC00422.jpg

These are my LED foglights, you will need to check if your model has that type of bulb. As some of the later models (some 2003 and onwards) have H3 type bulbs fitted.

Here's a picture of my LED foglights with my 6000K dipped beams, they both look slighty more blue in real life, but that shows you how 6000K HID is pretty much exactly the same as a white LED

DSC00422.jpg

thanks mate, is there anyway of telling which bulbs I need by looking at the bulbs themselves. because I have a 52 plate lexus which generally means 2002 although my car was actually registered in January of 2003. So im not sure whether to get bulbs for the pre 2003 cars, or post 2003

If you look at the back of the foglight units, you will see that they either have an 'L' shaped boot sticking out the back (like the bulbs in your picture) or if you have the newer ones, it will be a black plastic dome with ribs on it.

If you look at the back of the foglight units, you will see that they either have an 'L' shaped boot sticking out the back (like the bulbs in your picture) or if you have the newer ones, it will be a black plastic dome with ribs on it.

thanks sprinter, now just have to wait for someone to upload a picture of a smoked/black foglight and how they sprayed it :)

just out of intrest sprinter, did these trigger any types of warning lights on the dash i.e bulb out?

not sure if we have them on the IS so was just curious.

nope, no warning lights came up. ive got LED sidelights and reversing bulbs too and still no warning lights :)

cheers for your help mate, much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Finally got round to having a look at the type of bulbs i need...

16082982.jpg

48479208.png

im guessing it will be h3 bulbs... as it has the dome rib casing on the back.

can you just help to point me in the direction as to whether these are the right bulbs ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-H3-68-SMD-LED-White-Car-Fog-Head-Light-Lamp-Bulb-12V-/220784878831?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3367cde4ef#ht_3220wt_936

helps much appreciated.

thanks

Auzzam

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links