Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi. Wonder if anyone can help me with this...?

I have recently bought a gs450h (great car by the way) and the low tyre warning has been irrating the hell out of me. I have set all the tyres to the correct pressures and tried to initialise, using the reset button under the dash, but this low tyre warning keeps coming on!

So I had a closer look at the wheels today and noticed one of the wheels has a rubber valve stem whilst the other 3 wheels have metal ones... Am I missing a tpms valve? Could this be the reason for my constant low tyre warning?

Many thanks.

I have recently bought a gs450h (great car by the way) and the low tyre warning has been irrating the hell out of me. I have set all the tyres to the correct pressures and tried to initialise, using the reset button under the dash, but this low tyre warning keeps coming on!

So I had a closer look at the wheels today and noticed one of the wheels has a rubber valve stem whilst the other 3 wheels have metal ones... Am I missing a tpms valve? Could this be the reason for my constant low tyre warning?

Many thanks.

Yep that would be it. they should be aluminium

Many thanks.

Looks like someone had problems with one of the sensors and didnt want to spend £100+ replacing it and just put a standard valve in its place. If you brought it from a dealer the I would take it back.

why did you buy the car in the first place with the warning light on?

Many thanks.

Looks like someone had problems with one of the sensors and didn’t want to spend £100+ replacing it and just put a standard valve in its place. If you brought it from a dealer the I would take it back.

why did you buy the car in the first place with the warning light on?

Yes - also.... how did it get an MOT as I believe it's a failure if a warning light is illuminated on the dash!

I don't think the tyre pressure monitoring system is an MOT item the only dash light checked is for the SRS which should illuminate and extinguish a few seconds later and the rear fog light tell tale light.

I don't think the tyre pressure monitoring system is an MOT item the only dash light checked is for the SRS which should illuminate and extinguish a few seconds later and the rear fog light tell tale light.

You may be right - I'm not sure, but I was told a while back that any warning light constantly illuminated on the dash is a failure..... have never tested the theory though ! :yawn:

Bought the car privately with light on (managed to knock a bit of money off) thinking it might be a simple fix. Phoned Lexus and £67+vat for a new valve but then told might needed to be coded to the car! I can live with it for now I suppose as I know all the tyre pressures are correct.

As for MOT failure I checked with an MOT tester and the tyre pressure warning light is not an MOT failure.

I have seen the tpms valves on eBay for around £30 from usa. Can't the new valve just be fitted to the wheel and then the system reset using the initialise feature?

• 2 years later...

Bit of a old one but bttt :)

I have 1 valve which is corroded/damaged and will need to be replaced. Luckily its holding pressure fine so no rush

Has anyone any further experience of buying a valve and replacing/initialising it?? I want to swap the winter tyres it came with so the local tyre fitter said he can fit. Its the initialising thats prob the issue

If you get the TPMS valve from Lexus its 110 fitted that includes Initialising it to the System

The ones from USA are different dont waste your Money

Also if yu take it to Lexus and they break it they will replace it

There is a Procedure for taking the tyre off my Local Tyre Firm broke two but said they hadnt damaged them and would not accept responability

It would have been court case so i took it on chin

I wish ide have let lexus do all the tyres was not much dearer than Tyre Depot

Lesson learnt

Good Luck

Thats at Sheffield anyway

I too looked at gs300 like busta with the TPMS light on the dealer said would be an easy fix so would knock 100 of for it but i said no and walked away.

The dealer rang me back said if he gets it done would you consider buying so i said yes.

He took it to Lexus at Stoke who replaced itcost 156 i had copy of invoice.

6 months later i had to change tyres my local tyre place said could change them no problem

I was concerned at the thought of damage to the TPS so i was stood there all the time and he looked like he knew what he was doing the tyres were fitted all 4 for 125 corner 600 in total.

Went out the next day Light came on told them but said must be coincidence as we did not damage it

I didnt get anywhere with them so took it to sheffield who said rear offside damaged they fitted one 110 total

But went onto say

The procedure is to let air out of tyre

Undo nut and push sensor into wheel

Take of tyre or realese it so can get hand in to retrieve valve replace valve and reinflate tyre

then initialise it to system

He then said we could have done same tyres for same as i paid and garanteed no sensor damage

wish ide took them up on it

Robert

i should have said code it to veh not initalise thats a different procedure the TPS cpu needs to know the code of the sensor so its no good buying one and fitting it yourself it needs the Techstream to do it and its a Lexus bit of kit

robert