Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

About To Buy Ls400

I am new to the world of Lexus and I am thinking of buying a LS400 but before taking the plunge can anyone tell me if there is a good workshop manual available for the car as I normally carry out all the servicing and repairs to my cars myself. The Lexus will be joining my Citroen, Toyota and Volvo (and Ford tractor) here in France where I have retired.

Hello Mike in France and welcome to the LOC.

If you mean the official Lexus worshop manual they are around normally in 2 volumes but not sure if Lexus can supply them and at that they cost a small fortune.

They do occasionally appear on eBay so worth a look on there but more seem to appear on the US site than UK. The US version should be OK as your LS will also be left hand drive I assume.

There are also some reasonable manuals, often PDF copies of the official manual available on CD ROM again these are available on eBay and these cost a few Euros instead of several hundred for the hard copies.

Having said all that providing the past and future maintainance is done as recommended real faults are rare on these cars that's why they always come top in reliability surveys so your spanners stay in the toolbox most of the time. :D

I am new to the world of Lexus and I am thinking of buying a LS400 but before taking the plunge can anyone tell me if there is a good workshop manual available for the car as I normally carry out all the servicing and repairs to my cars myself. The Lexus will be joining my Citroen, Toyota and Volvo (and Ford tractor) here in France where I have retired.

Hi Mike,

I have to say that in 4 years I've not needed a manual, all the info has come from this forum!

I see you've got a tractor, is that for when there's a strike of some kind?!! :whistling:

Phil

Hi Mike,

I have to say that in 4 years I've not needed a manual, all the info has come from this forum!

I see you've got a tractor, is that for when there's a strike of some kind?!! :whistling:

Phil

Hi Phil,

No, the tractor is for popping out in the morning to get the breakfast croissants and baguettes, that way I get taken for a "local". It also comes in handy for cutting the grass in our paddocks.

Regards,

Mike

Mike in France,

welcome to the forum. If you buy wisely you wont need a manual. It wont brake down and maintaniance and running repairs are generally easy.

I also feel that you wont regret buying an LS. I only bought mine as a short term stop gap. That was 3 years ago and i wouldnt be without one now. To give you some idea how good they are: mine was 16 years old when i bought it and it replaced a 2 year old Merc.

Happy driving Mike.