Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is 200 Fog Light

tibz

hi there guys jus a quick question i have noticed that my right hand side fog light is not working was wonderin what bulb i need for it it is a lexus is 200 2002 manual and is it easy to replace thank u

These are a nightmare these old spec fogs! I've been through 2 sets and now the new one on the drivers side has stopped working and has misted up. Not spending anymore money on them!

I've just bought a pair of the late spec dark ones and I'm going to wire them in.

What the difference in the later ones then? Are they not prone to misting and corrosion?

These are a nightmare these old spec fogs! I've been through 2 sets and now the new one on the drivers side has stopped working and has misted up. Not spending anymore money on them!

I've just bought a pair of the late spec dark ones and I'm going to wire them in.

What the difference in the later ones then? Are they not prone to misting and corrosion?

There a new design with plastic covering the bulb at the back. It's stops the corrosion and misting as you mention.

I've got the same problem with mine but haven't bothered to replace it yet. Makes you wonder what they were thinking not putting any protective covering on the early ones :blink:

I was going to order a set of the black ones but they want £180 per light.

I have a set of headlights spare do you know if I can use the plastic casing where the bulb screws in on my old corroded ones? Anybody done this?

When I painted my 'old style' fog lights black, I carefully chiseled all the corrosion from the bulb holder and used a bit of rubber lubricant (hellerine not spermicidal lube :P ) to release the bulb. Then when it came to reassembly I slapped a LOAD of silicone grease all round the back of the bulb where the majority of the corrosion had formed. That was 3 years ago and I've not had any misting or bulbs out.