Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 1996 How And Where Can I Make Original Key And Service Key ?

I just bought a used 70k mile LS400 '96 with not original key. Pls advise me how and where I can make master key, valet key and wallet key ??? Is it possible with VIN ???

Thanks in advanced.

More information is required Thao. What type of key/immobiliser do you have? How do you know it's not a Master key?

Remember it isn't possible to "make" a master key, only an expensive trip to a Lexus dealer will resolve this one....

Good Luck

As above we need more info, I cannot understand if you don't have the original key how the security system is being over ridden. The Lexus keys have a chip in them which the car needs to recognise or the car won't start.

Also to program any extra keys the original Lexus master key is required.

If you don't have this the only option is the dealer which means big money!

If the key you have is not chipped it could mean the security system has been bypassed,not easy or very secure but if this is the case you may get away with just having a blank key without the electronics cut locally for around a tenner.

Does the key you have provide remote locking/unlocking?

someone told me that LS400 '96 has not ROM/CHIP on the master key, it's only simple. Only from '98 need to program (1 case of '97 need it). If it is, I'll make a normal key.

Anyhow, thanks for all comments.

Hi if your car is a 96 series. 3, it should have a normal non chip key easily cut by any key cutting place. Cant remember if i had to sourse my own blank, i think i did. The remote for the series 3 is the aftermarket horn under the bonnet jobbie. Obviously if you have te master key that is what youll get, if you only have the valet key getting a master will be harder.

Steve

If you go to one of the National key cutting chains like Mr Minit they have a little machine they plug your key into and this tells them if it is or isn't chipped, if it isn't they will be able to cut you a spare key for around a tenner but some times you have to wait for the blank to be ordered in, mine took 3 days and was then cut in minutes. The key would not be the remote type of course just a key.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links