Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whilst cruising around yesterday running some errands, I made a stupid school girl error of steering into a curb :tsktsk: !!

The most annoying this is my car is a year old tomorrow and I was chuffed of still having my alloys in mint condition. I suppose if you're gonna curb it you might as well do it properly!

My car is at Lexus next Saturday for its first service, I'm guessing this is something they can repair in their bodyshop? Does anyone know if its fixable or how much something like costs to repair?

Alloy.JPG

Thanks,

Sunny

See the posts here:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=73008&st=0&p=755594&fromsearch=1entry755594

In summary, you can probably get a repair that will be impossible to detect for around £60 and will take less than a day to complete.

Nice one! A friend of mine works at Lexus so I texted him a picture of it to show to the Body Shop people. He reckoned it was damaged beyond repair. But Lexus have my motor this weekend anyway so they're going to take a proper look at it then - fingers crossed I don't have to buy a new alloy!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay on reporting back on this one. So basically I took the car into Lexus, they don't do Alloy repairs themselves, they have local businesses that do it for them. I'm totally gutted because the 3 repair guys they use all said they wouldn't be able to match the F-Sport alloy colour :crybaby:

Looks like I'm gonna be left have to drive around with the alloy like this for now! Major disappointment!

When I bought my used IS250 from Lexus Derby I was offered a 3 year alloy insurance policy for about £150, which I took. Initially this seems pricey, but for mint wheels over 3 years struck me as not too bad - especially with my missus's record!! :shutit:

I found a stone chip on one wheel, which was probably there when I bought it and it was starting to bubble a bit, as well as finish showing signs of wear on other wheels, so I took it in. Wear and tear is not covered by the policy, only accidental damage. When I offered to go and kerb the wheels so they could fix it under the policy they agreed to sort it and changed all 4 wheels for newly refurbed ones! Apparently they keep a set in at all times. Whether they have any F-Sport ones I couldn't say, but got to be worth a call. :)

When I bought my used IS250 from Lexus Derby I was offered a 3 year alloy insurance policy for about £150, which I took. Initially this seems pricey, but for mint wheels over 3 years struck me as not too bad - especially with my missus's record!! :shutit:

I found a stone chip on one wheel, which was probably there when I bought it and it was starting to bubble a bit, as well as finish showing signs of wear on other wheels, so I took it in. Wear and tear is not covered by the policy, only accidental damage. When I offered to go and kerb the wheels so they could fix it under the policy they agreed to sort it and changed all 4 wheels for newly refurbed ones! Apparently they keep a set in at all times. Whether they have any F-Sport ones I couldn't say, but got to be worth a call. :)

Thanks for the advice Baldchap. When I got my car I initially put almost every after product on, but later whilst thinking about it I phoned them up and cancelled all of them.

I'm not sure if they would have been able to fix this under the cover you have anyway as it would have been the same guys carrying out the work. The problem is I have the F-Sport which came out March 2010, by March 2011 they had slightly changed the model and the alloys. So my alloys weren't around that long. Lexus actually told me that if I couldn't find anyone myself to fix it the only other thing they could suggest was buying an entire new alloy $$$! The also said they don't hold any refurbished versions of this alloy!

Think I'm just going to have to live it it...bugger!

Thanks for the advice Baldchap. When I got my car I initially put almost every after product on, but later whilst thinking about it I phoned them up and cancelled all of them.

I'm not sure if they would have been able to fix this under the cover you have anyway as it would have been the same guys carrying out the work. The problem is I have the F-Sport which came out March 2010, by March 2011 they had slightly changed the model and the alloys. So my alloys weren't around that long. Lexus actually told me that if I couldn't find anyone myself to fix it the only other thing they could suggest was buying an entire new alloy $$$! The also said they don't hold any refurbished versions of this alloy!

Think I'm just going to have to live it it...bugger!

I'm pretty sure your F - Sport wheels are the same as the 'Hoshi' optional wheel which were available from when this generation of IS first came out.