Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello again i didnt think i would be posting so soon with a problem since joining the forum. The check VSC light has come on along with the yello engine light and the vsc light. The car seems to be driving as normal but i cant get the lights to go out. I have read other posts on here about this problem but wondered can anyone update me on things to do and not to do. The car has 34000 miles on it .I bought it with 33k so have 2k of warranty with an independent dealer left.

Thanks

Enda

you must connect it to OBD II reader, to get the info what error it is.

Will that bit of kit be only available at a Lexus dealer then.

not necessarily, obd II is standard interface, lots of independent garages have device to connect and read.

Other problem is, that it will give you only error number and I don't know if independents have list with errors.

However, here is something (it is not all, but at least something)

http://www.toyoty.nolimit.cz/diagnostika-obd-2/obd-2-diagnosticke-kody.html

not necessarily, obd II is standard interface, lots of independent garages have device to connect and read.

Other problem is, that it will give you only error number and I don't know if independents have list with errors.

However, here is something (it is not all, but at least something)

http://www.toyoty.nolimit.cz/diagnostika-obd-2/obd-2-diagnosticke-kody.html

Thanks for the reply and the link.

Just started the car for a run to the shop and the vsc light has gone, i had hoped that it would have stayed on until i got it to the garage tomorrow.

My VSC and traction control lights came on intermittently a few times last month when going around corners, so I checked for a gummed up EGR but that was clean as I did a thorough job (unlike the lying M@nsfield Toyot@ dealer). Then one day I noticed that my NSR tyre was almost flat. DOH! Pumped it up and voilà, no lights till now.

Switch the heater fan off and it will idle as normal, otherwise it tries to get the warm up the coolant enough to fulfil your heating request, e.g. 19C in the cabin when ambient air temp is 13C