Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Control Issue

Dear members,

Just came across this forum while surfing.

My wife's RX400H has a problem with the remote control which operates all doors except the drivers. She has to lock and unlock the drivers door using the key. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

This car has been the best car my wife ever owned, she simply loves the style and comfort. My wife does not like the look of the new version so we will be hanging on to this one for a while.

Million thanks.

Michaeldgab

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

There have been issues with other Lexus models regarding the door lock motors failing, when you manually open the car with the key can you hear any motor noise from the affected door?

If you are confident and capable ( no disrespect meant) you could remove the inner door panel and have a look inside to confirm whether the motor or another component has failed.

Although the picture below is for an earlier model LS400 the lock and motor will be similar ( Lexus don't generally change things that have proved reliable on the whole).

The motor concerned is the yellow item.

12_08_200814_34_0005.jpg

The problem you have isn't the key, it's going to be something in the door locking mechanism in the door itself. It may even be as simple as a detached wire in the door.

As a fellow 400h owner I agree with your wife..... the 450h isn't as attractive a vehicle (so I'm sticking too). The 450 with the air springs (SEL up) has slightly better handling, but, based owners I've spoken to, no better fuel consumption! Despite the 40mpg claim.

Good luck!

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

There have been issues with other Lexus models regarding the door lock motors failing, when you manually open the car with the key can you hear any motor noise from the affected door?

If you are confident and capable ( no disrespect meant) you could remove the inner door panel and have a look inside to confirm whether the motor or another component has failed.

Although the picture below is for an earlier model LS400 the lock and motor will be similar ( Lexus don't generally change things that have proved reliable on the whole).

The motor concerned is the yellow item.

12_08_200814_34_0005.jpg

Thank you so much for the advice. I have a mechanic friend who will be able to open it and see if which component has failed. I'll come back to report on this.

The problem you have isn't the key, it's going to be something in the door locking mechanism in the door itself. It may even be as simple as a detached wire in the door.

As a fellow 400h owner I agree with your wife..... the 450h isn't as attractive a vehicle (so I'm sticking too). The 450 with the air springs (SEL up) has slightly better handling, but, based owners I've spoken to, no better fuel consumption! Despite the 40mpg claim.

Good luck!

Thank you so much and I am glad you agree with us in regards to the 450H which we test drove and yes it rides a little bit better but we simply did not like the interior design and the front end design. I think Lexus should get design advice from Kia who are coming up with very good looking cars. An it is the same thing with the hatch back they introduced recently, I find it very ugly.

Many thanks guys,

MG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links